Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kyrasaddie
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2017, 04:39 AM

Skin issues

Anyone with a dog that is itchy, stinky and scabby?
I have been dealing with this for the last three to four years, and have tried everything. Been to the vet numerous times and trying everything, it's very frustrating, any input would be greatly appreciated
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2017, 08:28 AM
This could be a yeast problem. Has your vet suggested this?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2017, 09:33 AM
What are you feeding him/her on? What tests/skin scrapes has your vet done to determine the cause of the problem?

Many dogs and certain breeds in particular, can't tolerate grains in their diet. Wheat, rice etc and sometimes even potato can cause yeast problems on the skin. An intolerance to chicken is also quite common.

Perhaps you could us a little more information? And welcome to the forum!
Kyrasaddie
New Member!
Female 

22-01-2017, 02:30 AM
She was diagnosed with having seborrhea has been on a grain free limited ingredient duck and potatoe did not help, I am now making homemade meals for her. Have anyone heard of o skin cream called dermacton? I have been doing a lot of reading about it and people seem to be very pleased with results of it. I have tried all sorts of things medicated shampoos from the vet help somewhat, been off and on mess a few times tired of that can't be good for her. I think I have he million dollar dog lol
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Sounds like folliculitis ... my Ben is a chronic sufferer and we have to bath hin fortnightly in special antibacterial shampoo from the vet.
Kyrasaddie
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2017, 02:07 AM
Yes we bath her twice aweek right now helps somewhat been using duox shampoo for seborrhea and a spray every other day. Today she was itching one area very badly started to blister and get very red and black. I rubbed pure virgin coconut oil on it then wrapped it up. Very frustrating and I get stressed over this she must feel awful. I was read g about a cream called dermacton suppose to be very good all natural made with thirteen different essential oils, thinking of trying g it. Thanks for everyone's input