Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 07:10 AM

Wet Wednesday 22nd March 2023

Morning all. Well it is a wet morning so I just hope it clears by this afternoon at 4pm as Margaret is supposed to be coming over. Well I have finished playing scrabble and the three words for today are: Tate: a tuft of hair. Sati: Good woman or chaste wife and the derivative of that is Suttee: a Hindu widow cremated on her husbands funeral pile to show her devotion to him. Hope you all have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 08:14 AM
Morning Brenda
I hope Margaret comes over
News from the picket this morning....no buses out, stopped them all from leaving....nx trying to sneak buses out, there's an agreed amount of services with nx and they breached it yesterday...cov garage pickets allowed an extra 2 out but said today, no.... just the pre agreed buses, bus leaving labelled as a 9 .. hospital bus, checked the running board... different bus!!! Therefore there have been no buses allowed across the picket line.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 09:04 AM
Its all daft, surprised its not on the news? Or has it been? Just looked it up. I don't really watch the news but yep it has been.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 10:15 AM
Yeah, my lovely friend Shula was on the news, she is soooooo nice and she was so very eloquent, it was on YouTube. The police are there, they are happy with the situation as it's very peaceful, infact,vthe police were playing the wheels on the bus to the drivers
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 10:23 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kelly

Do hop Margaret is able to get to you today Brenda

Hopefully they will see sense soon and get back to work Kelly

Damp here this morning but managed mtyw walk in the dry. No duties today and hopefully not until tomorrow afternoon

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 05:42 PM
Ooooooo, you had the day off sue!! Is it today your daughter in law comes? Hope the flight comes in on time
Omg.....the rain!!!! I am sooooo glad I took the dogs for their little bimble earlier.
A lovely nurse got arrested at the picket today bless her "obstructing the highway" hopefully make it down myself tomorrow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Evening all

Work this morning, collected the wreath from the florist its lovely, got topped up with petrol in ready for the funeral tomorrow and then came home. Put the washing on the line and put work washing in the machine. Cleaned the car outside and gave the inside quick once over and then put my work washing on the line.

Really blowy but no rain so dried really well.

My sister came round, my nephew has another chest infection and she has to get a septum test to see what's going on (he would not tolerate an x-ray) so we do what we can do.

Just had dinner steak and homemade chips and put the car seat covers in the machine will go "naked" with my seating to the funeral, got to check my clothes for tomorrow then a shower and bed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Brenda hope Margaret made it over

Sue Has your DIL arrived bet its nice to see the youngest.

Griff Try not to get arrested just try singing with the police. LOL

Lynn Hope all is good with you any car news?

Chris So scooter-gate is over now then? did they ever sort out Gary's flat issues?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 07:00 PM
Well mum is not here. one big mess up with some form or other for the daughter so unable to board flight. They are now sorting the form and trying to get another flight as soon as. Girls of course very disappointed. Because Ben did not have to go to the airport he forgot the time and I got a call at 3.10 could I pick them up. I rang the school and said what has happened and they kept them in reception until I got there. I also asked Maria to walk down to the school to see her there instead of picking her up in the usual place. My restful afternoon got interrupted
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2023, 07:31 PM
I hope you have good weather tomorrow Kazz and sorry for your loss
Sue, didn't this happen last time? A mix up and no show?? Very sorry the girls are disappointed and that you had to dash out after all
Lol....I can only say I will try, anyone puts their hands on me though and that's it...my politeness and manners will go. There's a meeting tomorrow morning, will have to see what develops
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >