Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 09:22 AM

Friday again 17th March 2023

Morning everyone. Raining here so not been out yet. Typical as yesterday was lovely. Hope you all have a good day. Yep I watched the programme about the Cavern Club last evening and it was lovely to see how it managed to keep afloat and all the artistes that played there and sang. It is still going strong today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2023, 09:36 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Not raining but overcast. Popping out later to trawl some car dealerships to see what's about and what we will get for the Volvo in px.

Hope everybody has a calm day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 10:46 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn
Have a good day Benda

Good luck with the car hunt Lynn. I might be worth trying the site that buys any car whatever condition and see what they offer and then have a look at Parkers Guide and then with up what a deanship will offer. When I part exchanged my old car for the one I have now the dealer offered me top of Parkers Guide price so was happy.

Raining here too. School run and housework done. Off out for lunch as it is Brry's birthday then back on school duties again.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2023, 11:46 AM
It's very high mileage Sue. My past experience with we buy any car was offering ridiculous prices for my rather nice not overly high mileage.
Peugeot.

We can't do anything straight away as we need to get the light units fitted on the Vauxhall and need the Volvo to drive over leave the Vauxhall and pick it up later.
I have a feeling we might be selling privately but no harm in looking and having a chat.

Happy Birthday to Barry have a lovely lunch.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 04:52 PM
A happy st Patrick's day to you all
Lynn, how come you are selling the Volvo?? Steve has looked at s40's and is quite taken with a C30, but then he likes minis and Renault meganes....the list continues lol
I believe the cavern club is big business for tourists Brenda
Happy birthday Barry, hope you have a lovely day
Sue, hope you get some you time over the weekend
Been sorting out clothes.....it looks worse than when I started
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 07:10 PM
Good evening all

Happy Birthday Barry & Many Happy Returns of the day. Hope you have had a lovely day.

Had a really nice day, first of all dentists all good only a clean booked for 6 months time nice chat about plants. Popped back and hung the washing out which has since dried, have two new pairs of work trousers so ill be turning them up at soma point. Met a couple of friends to have a coffee and natter and Lynn guess what I met a Bernedoodle called BARRY friendly soul but I really do not understand the reason to mix two really nice breeds.
Back home and done a little gardening, and run the mower (push one) over the grass for a quick trim. Had a nice roast chicken dinner and now chilling.

Hope you are all having a nice day. Does anyone else feel like it feels like spring
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2023, 07:49 PM
The Volvo is too big for us griff.
Not good for getting a Bernese in and out of. Plus we struggle a bit and it has 200,000 miles on the clock.

Dreadful coat problems Kazz with the Bernerdoodle. They seem to be crossing poodles with everything.
Your day sounds nice.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 08:39 PM
Ahhhh, I see Lynn, Steve was looking at the Volvo because of the fact they are proper work horses...same as Saab but the issue with not being able to get Saab parts a few years back put me off.
Kazz, sounds like you have had a nice day. Like you, I don't get the fascination of mixing breeds and I get p*ssed off with giving them a name and charging hundreds if not thousands for when a few years ago..... you couldn't give them away! My aunties daughter bought a golden doodle and paid £3000....I just started laughing and said she has bought a retriever poodle crossbreed and paid £3000 for a cross.....she is a tw*t though. I had a staffy cross doberman, he was a rescue crossbreed....no fancy name he was what he was....a staffy cross, could I have had a stafferman...perhaps, but didn't change what he was
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2023, 09:24 PM
I really like Poodles but agree with you Lynn the poor breed appears to be being crossed with everything. Mind you seems to be an upsurge in crossing everything.