Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 07:56 AM

Frosty Friday 3rd March 2023

Morning all. Looks like another bright sunny day ahead for me down here in sunny Lancing. Hope it is where you all are. Hope Rosie is feeling a bit better today. I really think the arnica would help but I am sure you know what is best for the little girlie Chris. Hope everyone else get all their problems sorted out, especially cars. I don't have one now but if I did and had problems my brother would have sorted it out for me. Sadly he also isn't around now. It would have been my Mum and Dads wedding anniversary yesterday and my dad was also a whizz with cars, probably from being a mechanic in the war, my mum was also a whizz with dogs so maybe that is where I got it from.
Anyway have a good day everyone. Memories are not a good thing at times but sometimes they are.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 09:40 AM
Um I beat you by 13 mins Barry. Just for fun have a look at this everyone:
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properti...hannel=RES_LET Made me laugh when I read Wet underfloor heating. What happens if it leaks? Paddling pool? bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Morning brenda, Barry and all to follow.
Not frosty here damp and cold today, glad I got the washing sorted yesterday.
Been to pick the Vauxhall up, I guess later we will be trawling the internet again for the other headlight needed.
Bidding possibly on ebay auctions too.
Gorden used to fix most of our cars learnt from my dad and brothers brenda. Thing is today they are not like the old days, they are so complicated electronically.
Take for instance the headlights needed on this car. The self level, get brighter if you go faster, can tell if you're in town or country and they also have a bend function on them for dark nights when cornering.
No wonder new ones cost £750 upwards and 2nd hand ones are gone before you can blink on auction sites even then they can fetch over £600 2nd hand.

Love that house brenda bit not at that price a month and wouldn't fancy wet underfloor heating.
Hope Margaret is on the mend.
Memories can be very eye-leaky at times.
Chris I hope Rosie is a bit better today. Gentle hugs to her and you.
Kazz nice to see you yesterday. I wouldn't sell the car to a friend when it's fixed bad enough to sell it to a stranger even though we will know it is all running and fixed properly.
griff more car hunting today I guess ?
Sue hope your morning has been calm.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Good morning all

Rosie seems a bit better today and isn't whining as much. We'll be setting off for the vets soon and I'll be relieved when she has been checked over to make sure it is just the op and not that something has gone wrong that is making her uncomfortable.

They didn't turn up yesterday to collect the scooters (burial at sea getting ever closer). They said that they didn't know what went wrong but they will be collected today. I have an inkling that what went wrong was that they forgot to book in in with the collection company. I am so p****d off with this company.

Brenda, I've been giving her arnica tablets, but they're just not doing the job

It's very drizzly here today although it's not supposed to be. We wouldn't have been going anywhere anyway with Rosie not up to the mark
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 11:31 AM
Good morning everyone]Good luck hunting Lynn

Enjoy your day Brenda

Hope all goes well at the vet Chris

Busy again this morning. School run done and Teazle walked. Then had to go and collect a new tyre for my car. Last night I either went over or down something and the result was a flat tyre. Fortunately where Maria goes to gymnastics there is a tyre place. They were just shutting but I was very grateful that they opened up and changed my wheel for the spare and I left the wheel for a new tyre. The only bad news was when they took it off this morning they noticed I need new brake pads so booked in for Monday. I think I need to find a job

Taker care every one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Hope all goes well at the vets Chris.
Oh goodness not what you need at any time but with Rosie being poorly even worse that these people cannot get a job right.
I seem to spend my life p****d off with companies and certain people at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 11:34 AM
Oh no Sue the planets seem to be aligned all wrong at the moment.
They need to jog on and sort themselves out so we can start to relax again.
Thank goodness that tyre place opened for you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 01:00 PM
The vet's visit went amazingly well. Rosie's mouth is healing well which delighted the vet as she said she had a tricky time of it trying to find healthy parts for the stitching. This damned thing, whatever it is, is so big in a little mouth.

She's asked me if I mind waiting until Tuesday for the histology results as she'd like to talk me through them and the options available for treatment. That's fine by me as she is a lovely, caring vet that doesn't hold anything back.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Glad the visit went well Chris and that Rosie is healing well.
Fingers crossed Tuesday is going to be positive too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 04:12 PM
The arnica will take a few days so stick with them Chris.
Went to get books from the charity shop and the one I have started reading is a gripping thriller. Just hope I don't get nightmares from it. Have an good evening folks l.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >