Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2022, 05:45 AM

Twinkly Thursday 2nd June 2022

Morning all that comes onto here today that wants to know what happened to my lunch out. Well here goes, table booked, taxi booked. I wait for the mobile to ping to say Margaret is on the bus, no ping, I wait and wait, the time ticks by, eventually Margaret pings and says that the bus had been diverted so quick phone call to her hubby who is down the tip with daughter getting rid of rubbish. He comes and picks Margaret up from bus stop and brings her over. This is just before the taxi is supposed to pick us up at 5 to 12. So we sit down for a quick drink in my flat and then the phone goes with a call from the restaurant, saying 'sorry we have to cancel only we have a power cut'. Ok says I. So I cancel the taxi, which they are ok about as it was so near to when they should have been coming, they were actually running late because of a hold up along the roads. So, Margaret and I decide to go to the chippy for fish and chips. Yet again I was dissapointed with my fish and chips weren't as good as usual. Margarets fish she said was lovely. I did have different fish to her. So, our day was somewhat disrupted. Never mind we will try again but maybe I will cook as usual.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2022, 05:46 AM
Second post to say hope Kota is ok this morning and everyone else. Have a good day and long weekend.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2022, 10:29 AM
Good morning Brenda

Sorry your meal didn't happen. Never mind fingers crossed for another time but at least you saw Margaret and had a good chat.

Hope Kota is good today

Lovely here today. Done some gardening but the ground is so hard but at least I can tidy around a bit.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Shame your lunch didn't happen, we had the same except it was a birthday party....we managed to find a venue to take us with a couple of hours notice
Kota is o.k thank you....well more thank o.k, seems she has yesterday's energy and today's energy to use lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2022, 10:33 PM
Good evening - not so far off morning.

Sorry things didn't go to plan. It's so disappointing when things go haywire, but they do give you lots to talk about.

We have a decent (well a few, but this one in particular) fish and chip shop here, but, while their cod and chips are lovely, the haddock is awful.

Just our same old today, but boy is it busy. We have to go in earlier so that we can get a parking space