Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 08:52 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 27th October

Good morning everyone

I guess your neighbour deliberately slammed the door when she saw the dogs out to cause trouble Kelly. Silly of her not to look first to see if the coast was clear

Dull here at the moment but hopefully will stay dry as I would like to give the lawn a cut this afternoon.

Hope all are well. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 10:06 AM
Good morning Sue
Hmmmm, yes ....you are probably right, I have no clue what goes through their heads, my dogs aren't excessive Barker's and I have never had a complaint previously, not that she's said anything directly to me. Mind you, I know how long my dogs can bark for and I have already spoken to noise abatement who said they wouldn't be remotely interested in dogs barking intermittently....they are concerned with dogs shut in gardens barking all day and night and also if they were to investigate the complainant would need to leave the property and that way they can be sure they aren't doing anything to set the dogs off. We all thought she would have gone by now, she told my nice neighbour that she was leaving when the year was up, she was telling us she had been given notice and if it's so noisy I don't really get why she hasn't gone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

I guess your neighbour deliberately slammed the door when she saw the dogs out to cause trouble Kelly. Silly of her not to look first to see if the coast was clear

Dull here at the moment but hopefully will stay dry as I would like to give the lawn a cut this afternoon.

Hope all are well. Take care
Hope you get the grass cut, that is my sisters plan as well she said. Have a good day Sue.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Good morning Sue
Hmmmm, yes ....you are probably right, I have no clue what goes through their heads, my dogs aren't excessive Barker's and I have never had a complaint previously, not that she's said anything directly to me. Mind you, I know how long my dogs can bark for and I have already spoken to noise abatement who said they wouldn't be remotely interested in dogs barking intermittently....they are concerned with dogs shut in gardens barking all day and night and also if they were to investigate the complainant would need to leave the property and that way they can be sure they aren't doing anything to set the dogs off. We all thought she would have gone by now, she told my nice neighbour that she was leaving when the year was up, she was telling us she had been given notice and if it's so noisy I don't really get why she hasn't gone.
If we could step into other people minds we would be aghast I think Griff
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 10:35 AM
Morning Kazz
Yes!! I honestly don't think her mind is a healthy place and the fact she's allegedly a social worker.........well, that really concerns me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Weather dry overcast and windy here decided against putting sheets on the line instead they went in the tumble dryer.

Sue hope you got the lawn cut.
griff sounds like the neighbours are storytellers and like causing friction.
Chris hope today is a quieter day.
Kazz how are you feeling ?

To everyone else missed hope you are well and keeping safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone, Kelly for your sake I hope she moves out and soon! Lynn, hope you had a better night with Dillon, give him a hug from me. I was looking at the Dogs Trust site to see if they had a dog that would suit me. It would need to be elderly like me hence just happy to have a roam round the garden or go for short walks. I'll keep looking I so miss a dog. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon all

A thankfully quieter day today. Took Gary for his flu jab at 9 am, got Dave a telephone appointment with GP as his bloods are high (diabetes). That now sorted (hopefully) as meds are being changed, but he has to go for a blood test next week.

Other than that, a quiet day.

Weather a bit up and down. Sun, wind but not too cold.

Blimey it's going dark early. I dread to think what it will be like after the weekend. I hate dark nights and gloom.

Roll on spring
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 04:09 PM
Moyra, we are all hoping that we get someone nice and " normal" to move in but given the history of the house.....we aren't holding our breath.
I think that's a great idea Moyra, a little oldie to keep you company
Chris, pleased Gary got his flu jab and Dave got his medication sorted. I prefer summer as it's light, I don't object to the dark but I just get a little fed up hanging about in the dark waiting for buses.
Lynn, I no longer use my washing line...I am dreadful, everything goes in the drier...I am a bit odd as I don't like the smell of line dried washing...I know, I am weird lol
Made dinner, did a roast dinner but no roast I cheated and used cooked sliced beef but dad ate the lot and had a slice of bread too! Mum didn't want anything but risked a roast potato, the dogs enjoyed theirs
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2021, 08:18 PM
We must both be odd, Kelly, because I don't like the smell of line dried washing either. Haven't hung washing out for years. Drier all the way for me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >