Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 06:54 AM

Daily chat Tuesday 28th April 2020

Morning all. Its raining. means that I can eventually pull weeds up between cracks of paving without to much hassle. Yeah. have as good a day as you can peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 07:19 AM
Morning Brenda, enjoy the weed pulling
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 07:24 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Happy weed pulling Brenda

Yes Harvey soapy water spray for greenfly I also use it on my runner beans for black fly.

Oh dear Gtriff it would seem your neighbours have been at it again

Sorry to hear about your friends Lynn and Kazz.

Up early again and down at Tesco by 6.06am as was informed they had plenty of flour. Well they might have done yesterday but the shelves were empty once again this morning. Managed to get some SR flour from local shop but still no bread flour.

Yep raining here but managed to get our walk in without getting too wet. The gardens need it so will not complain.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 07:34 AM
Good morning all, nice lay in this morning. Nothing to get up for! Amber walks herself around the garden. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. Four legged friends also. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Happy weed pulling Brenda

Yes Harvey soapy water spray for greenfly I also use it on my runner beans for black fly.

Oh dear Gtriff it would seem your neighbours have been at it again

Sorry to hear about your friends Lynn and Kazz.

Up early again and down at Tesco by 6.06am as was informed they had plenty of flour. Well they might have done yesterday but the shelves were empty once again this morning. Managed to get some SR flour from local shop but still no bread flour.

Yep raining here but managed to get our walk in without getting too wet. The gardens need it so will not complain.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Good afternoon now you mention flour been into the local Sainsburys as opposed to the large one and loads of bread flour as well as self raising and plain
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Its raining. means that I can eventually pull weeds up between cracks of paving without to much hassle. Yeah. have as good a day as you can peeps.
Hey happy pulling...………...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning Brenda, enjoy the weed pulling
Afternoon Griff
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, nice lay in this morning. Nothing to get up for! Amber walks herself around the garden. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. Four legged friends also. God bless.
Hey a self walking dog, stay well Moyra how do you feel now? and glad Amber is allowed on the lawn
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Afternoon all Been to work and really well controlled and loving the rain the garden really needs it. Glad I got a lot done yesterday
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Its raining. means that I can eventually pull weeds up between cracks of paving without to much hassle.

Hi Brenda, nice to see you again When the ground is wet you can get all the roots out which means it'll be longer before any nasty weeds re-appear

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

Thanks Sue (and others who mentioned soapy water) so far it seems to be working and I like that it's much cheaper than buying chemical pest killers. I think I will have to check the bushes every day 'cos they appeared so quickly, almost overnight

Well it's been raining most of the day so far, during a short break Alena risked it and took the dogs out, I think it will be a short outing today.

I am staying indoors not allowed out (apart from garden) anyway.

Couldn't buy any type of flour on Friday, everything else was on the shelves as per normal.

Media getting excited about relaxation of 'lockdown' rules, personally I think it'll be another three weeks at least but we'll see.

Have a good day all of you out there.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >