Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2023, 06:57 AM

Saturday 25/03/2023.

Morning everyone I'm back.

It has been a little busy here, Sunday we over at Mark and Lauren's it was our Sunday to do the sitting but we had all week off as Mark and Lauren were off.
We had a lovely day with Freya then in the evening I had some lovely Mothers day presents and Birthday presents as it was my Birthday Wednesday and we had an Indian take away.
Monday I spent the day washing and we packed to go away Tuesday till Thursday with the voucher the children bought us for Christmas.
2 nights away in a hotel, 1 evening meal and cooked breakfast for two mornings. Gorden booked the Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat and our room overlooked the River Wye.
We stopped at Ross On Wye on Tuesday and visited Monmouth and Tintern Abbey on Wednesday.
I have a cyber friend in a Bernese group and both our boys went through bloat and we supported each other and we lost Dillon first and she lost her boy late last year he was much younger than Dillon.
She picked up where we were staying and invited us to do a detour on the way home to Painswick in Gloucestershire and meet her new Bernese puppy and have lunch well of course we couldn't refuse. The puppy comes from the same breeder that we have registered an interest in and who is due to whelp Monday.
They will both have different parents.
It was lovely to meet her and of course the puppy Moshe. (Pronounced) Moshi.

Vauxhall over to the auto electrician yesterday to have the new headlight units fixed all going well till he rang to say we needed a little o-ring type thing to hold the bulb in for the new unit we had to buy.
Now don't you think they would of mentioned this when we ordered the unit, they told us we needed the ballast and bulb but no mention of the ring, so that has had to be ordered and will not be available for pick up till Tuesday.
The good news was we knew the racing headlights were bright enough to use the Vauxhall to take away and it would be a good test for a long run now it has been re-mapped. It ran really well except for one blip when Gorden took it up a hill in too higher gear and too fast it bleeped at him and went into temporary limp mode, but after stopping turning off and on again it gave no more trouble and Gorden learnt to go up the hills a little more sedately.

So that is what we have been doing and sorry for the war and peace post.

brenda I think you need to mention about the parking space politely which I know you will be, and if no notice taken a word to the Landlord might be needed.
They are taking advantage.
Chris I am glad the scooters are running well now and Rosie is much better.
Kazz glad the funeral went as well as they can go.
Sue how lovely for Ana her mum will be here for her Birthday.
griff still car hunting ? I feel your pain.

Michael flew over Thursday night to stay in Harlow with a friend as the young lad that died he was close to was buried yesterday. We will not see him he will spend some time today in London then fly back to Madrid.
He is however hoping to catch up with Joel for a short while who is communicating now he is back with friends and feeling happier.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 09:28 AM
Good morning Lynn You have had a busy time. Hope you hopes of a puppy come true. Pleased Joel has been in contact with his dad and hopefully you too. Hope part for car turns up on time.

Lovely and sunny here. My plans are to clean a car inside and out this morning and a bit of gardening this afternoon. Primroses seem to have seeded in the old veg patch so plan to transplant them to where they should be - the flower beds

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 11:45 AM
Just very quick
Lynn, mum and dad stayed at Symonds yat exactly the same hotel... just over a month ago, they said it was lovely but everything is shut on a Sunday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2023, 04:19 PM
Afternoon Sue and griff.
Well that's telling those primroses Sue. I hope you're enjoying your day.
Oh wow griff small world.

Well bl**dy cars we have started to have a shudder at 60 and over on the Volvo, so we thought we will pop it down to the the tyre place and get the wheel balance checked and the tracking as we intend to move it on as soon as the Vauxhall is back middle of next week.
Went up on the ramp we watched from the comfy chairs the guy spin the offside rear wheel all fine, got to the rear nearside and it didn't move at all freely I said to Gorden it is moving freely like the offside.
Guy came in and said the rear brake is getting hot and sticking. Its safe to drive on short journeys but obviously needs doing regardless of if we are selling or keeping, so possibly £500 depending on what it actually is pads, calipers and the parts if they are the cheaper end or the high end.
So that goes back Friday to get that fixed.
It never rains but it pours here at the moment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 04:26 PM
Lynn, if shifting it on, just use cheaper parts...look at euro car parts and car parts 4 less. Car parts 4 less will do recon, they send you a caliper and you return your old one and get a partial refund. Saved me loads on injectors for my dad's 3 series.....£1000-1500 each...whole load refurb....£2000 ( 4 injectors) spurious parts are just as good as manufacturer genuine parts and often are manufactured at the same factory
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2023, 04:52 PM
Thanks griff the guy is going to order all parts so when he dismantles and discovers what's causing the issue he has everything to hand and can return what's not needed.
He said being the older XC90 hopefully it's the cheaper parts needed not the newer more expensive ones.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Tbf, I honestly have no issue using spurious parts or recon. I am slowly getting this through to my dad.
I am pleased Joel is feeling happier, I know it's a terrible thing to say, but sometimes a mother not being in someone's life is a good thing
Lol, Sue... hope you get the primroses to live happily where they should
Steve's back to work Monday....pay deal accepted, across the whole lot of garages, still 15% rejected.....sheer greed! Very wrong
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 08:11 PM
Been at the community allotment space this morning and Su and I made a stumpery got home to find I had been posted on face book in my none to fetching red woolly hat LOL

Had lunch and now chilling in work in the morning at 6am so bed shortly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 08:13 PM
Don't forget the clocks leap forward tonight.,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2023, 08:17 PM
Lol...fame at last Kazz!!!!!
Seen Steve and molls, picked a TV up from his house, hopefully mum and dad will cope.... technology! I am despairing of the change!!!!