Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 06:08 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 3rd July, 2019

Good morning folks, I have lost the lens out of my glasses. I have hunted high and low without success. It must be well under my desk I think and I cannot get at it. Oh well , a phone call to my optician is due.

I hope you are all fit and well and your four legged friends too. Have a good day, the sun is shining. Take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 07:17 AM
Put a net of some sort over the end of the nozzle of the hoover and suck it up. Hopefully it will stick to the net. Hosiery or something will do or even a sock. Morning by the way.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 07:34 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Oh dear Moyra perhaps Brenda's idea will work it is worth a try. Barry lost one of his weeks ago still have not found it

Hi Brenda hip you have a good day

I too find it difficult to find good cards but have found some good ones that I can send to my son as he is into computers and these are jokey ones

Naughty Bruno taking what he thinks is treasure

Well done on your strawberries Harvey. We did not get many but then it is the first year. The raspberries are doing well and now that the strawberries are over the little brown thief has moved on to the raspberries but hopefully I have her foiled with wire cages rigged up to stop her. Her next move will be the peas no doubt. Anyone would think we grow things for her to go shopping

Lovely day here so out into the garden to continue deadheading and weeding between the veg.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2019, 08:54 AM
good morn all

See Sue beat me to posting but she didn't say what a glorious day again it is.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Turns out we did the right thing in getting the card yesterday...Sandra's mum passed away, obviously Sandra is upset but glad her mum is no longer suffering.
Going to pop to town again today as it's chemo day and I have found that if I try to keep busy the nausea doesn't bother me as much, only trouble is I get so tired and end up spending money lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Well, I have had my desk out and it is not under there so it could be anywhere, even out on Ambers walk. I just didn't miss it. Had it been the other glass I would have noticed right away because that eye is pretty useless. Oh well I have found the last glasses I had and they are not too bad so I may stick with them.

I phoned the optician to replace the one lens will cost £150! that is what they cost per lens!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue, Barry, griff and all to follow.

Lovely day here today.
Gorden gone off to London till Friday. Hoovering and dusting to do then the day/s are my own.

brenda's idea sounded like a good one if the lens was under the computer desk like thought. Wonder where that has gone to Moyra ?
Cheeky Teazle Sue.
Cheeky Bruno as well.
Nice photo barry.
Sorry to hear about your friends mum griff.
Try not to overdo it in the town.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Wow!! That's extortionate Moyra
Good thinking Brenda
Lynn, I was good... bought nothing for myself! Steve is off tomorrow so he will be going shopping, he bought the bags of salad last week and I tried to explain how they are washed in chemicals and the cost of 2 bags of that and he would get all his salad stuff from the market, he wouldn't listen so....I went and got stuff just to prove my point, he will go nuts lol. An iceberg lettuce, half a cucumber,bunch of radish, spring onions, 1/4mushrooms and a pound of tomatoes...£2.50, a bag of salad is either a pound or £1.50
Bless Teazle eating all the produce lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Just received a Pixel King Pro radio flash trigger set, so will have to do a lot of experimenting with them.

Nikon have what is called "line of sight" to trigger a remote flash which is ok. The drawback is you have to line up the camera and flashgun to work via an InforRed beam
Suppose you want to take a flash photo from an angle that is not "line of sight" you can't.

Hence getting a radio trigger set instead.

Te ebay advert showed an earlier version so more than happy to get the latest updated one instead

Amazon price £119.99. I paid from ebay site £54.99 for the exact same thing.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Good afternoon all.

A cooling breeze here again today. One of the advantages of living at the coast is we usually get some breeze to counteract the heat.

Opticians are terrible with their pricing for lens replacement - all designed, of course, to get you to buy a new pair. They even throw in the rider that if you do decide to go for replacement, they won't guarantee the glasses as the new lens could 'weaken' the frames.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >