Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 06:54 AM

Dogsey Daily Wednesday 5th September 2018

Morning all. Weird weather here. Chilly, windy and very overcast. Autumn definitely here me thinks. I even had porridge for breakfast. Hope your straighteners work well Griff. Moyra hope you are feeling better. Chris sorry to hear about Gary. Hope he is ok. Everyone else hope you are all in fine fettle. Hope Casey is ok. Tyto seems to be. Still has this occasional noisy breathing so not sure about that. Could be that as he gets excited at times it just sort of goes with his problem. Ah well have a good day peeps.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Good morning Brenda and all those to follow. Pleased to hear Tyto is doing ok. I hope everyone else is in fine fettle and Casey and Dillon our two big boys are doing ok.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Good morning Brenda, Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are feeling ok Moyra

Plesed Tyto seems to be doing well Brenda

Griff our neighbour paid £600 pounds to have two holly trees removed, about 3 oak trees pruned (nothing off the tops) and a hawthorn tree tidied up. All rubbish cleared and taken away. I thought this was a good price and they were here for about 5 hours and four people working. Have yet to get an estimate for the work we still want done to his trees. He isn't worried about them as he cant see them but they are well over our property and the other neighbour has about a quarter of her garden covered by them.

Dull here with early rain. Now stopped and Teazle walked. Nothing planned except washing the bedding, when someone ordains to surface as tomorrow and Friday I am off to Brighton painting son's hall and kitchen (its seems to be like the Forth Brige his place). Once all this is done he can then get carpet for the hall and lounge and he should then be a lot warmer.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Sue mozey on down this way to Lancing I can always find painting to do for someone handy with a brush. The price sounds good for the trees. Gives me an idea of how much to pay.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Morning brenda, Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Dilon doing well thank you Moyra. How are you today and how is Amber.
Glad Tyto seems well still brenda.
That does sound reasonable Sue for the trees. Paul and Beth could do with reducing some or at least pruning back some of their trees as I constantly have those annoying little brown seeds off their silver birch all over my washing and patio. Plus the big leaves when they drop off their Indian bean tree.
If staying we were going to look into sorting out the sycamores they are so invasive and huge and I think we would need planning permission to cut them back due to being in a conservation area. They will be Dale and Holly's problem at some point.
At least it is 130 foot away from the house.
griff nice present maybe mum was feeling guilty.

Off to do some shopping later seems my delivery that should of been delivered yesterday is out for delivery today.
When that has arrived I will tidy the house then pop out.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Morning all, Straighteners work brilliantly!
Lynn, I think they are birthday and Christmas prezzie
Sue....I think Brenda asked about the cost
Moyra, hope you and amber are o.k?
Bit annoyed, petplan have took £22 out of the payment for deags tummy trouble, I queried it as the claim was for £211 and they paid me £104, excess is £85 so was a bit confused, they refused to pay for the granules for giardia as it's a worming product!! She obviously didn't have giardia anyway but I am not happy that they refused to pay....I would have preferred to just use the advocate like I normally do
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Afternoon back from shopping and had a coffee and cream horn and watched wanderlust on catch up. Saw a lady sitting outside Iceland with an old tobacco tin and a sign saying homeless and living in a tent for 16 months.
I do not often carry cash and prefer not to give cash so offered to pop over to dunelm to get her something to eat. Got her a cuppa an egg mayo sandwich and a chocolate treat. She was nearly crying.
I also asked if she was ok for personal bits which she said was. I suppose you take the risk that they might not be but I try not to become to cynical in my old age and give people the benefit of the doubt.
If people are genuinely homeless I feel dreadfully sorry and try to help in some way. If I help and they aren't well the cost of a cuppa and a sandwich or a Mcdonald's is not going to break the bank.

griff glad you are happy with the straighteners. Pet insurance like any insurance these days is full of pitfalls.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Just heard from son in Brazil granddaughter no.4 arrived at 4.45pm 3.45kg. As far as I know her name is Emily Alice.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Congratulations Sue, Barry and family. Xxx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Congratulations, Sue, Barry and the parents too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >