Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2017, 06:44 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 12th May.

Good Morning everyone. I wonder if we are going to get the torrential rain they promised us for today.

Lynn, hope Mark was able to change your tyre last night so that you can get the punctured one mended. Hope Dillon is well. Glad Gill is eating again and got her blood test done.

June, hope the girls have stopped their waring and all is quiet on the western front.

Besoeker, Max must love his lovely long walks each day.

Sue, hope you get the rain you need for your veggies.

Mandy, hoping you are feeling a bit better.

Griff, well done on your attitude to Steve yesterday, he is probably kicking himself now for losing you.

Hope everyone is all ok and well. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Wet here today.

Well there's a story Moyra no wheel changed yet Mark worked over his shift and was tired but when he went down the garden to phone Lauren that is the only place he can get a signal he took a look.
The things I thought were nuts are in fact nice covers for the nuts. Did wonder how they stayed so shiny.
Also the thing I thought you took off is as I later suspected and after closer inspection is part of the wheel good job I didn't push it and start hammering at it and yanking with all kinds of instruments.
It might get changed today or tomorrow while it's raining might not try and car not needed today.
So not even have engines become so complicated wheels have to it seems. I did mention didn't I it is many years since I have changed a wheel.

Mandy hope your feeling better today.
griff good on you hope Steve is now kicking himself.
June hope all is quiet at yours.
Kazz lovely picture of Buster he looks as if he is puzzled the ball isn't doing anything. Your garden is looking lovely to.

Hope everyone not mentioned is well and all our four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

How nice that Annie likes Steve and also his fish tank. Hope she and Amber had a good play

Join the club Lynn, haven't changed a wheel in yonks I get the breakdown people to do it. Having had 4x4s for sometime I couldn't lift the wheel anyway Hope things are sorted quickly once the weather nears. Pleased Giull has managed to eat something and kept it down and that the blood tests have been done now fingers crossed for a quick result and hope something can gee given to her.

~Well done to you Griff and now he knows what he is missing and serves him right

Lovely picture of Buster and I think he is willing the ball to move.Garden looking good. The compost I have bought I use round the garden as being clay it needs help in breaking it down so dig some in a couple of times a year and when I plant anything.

Sun was shinning when I got up but now it is raining Washing in tumble dryer and later I will be making meat pies.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Raining here now, I will get the shopping done I think. Currently having a duvet day to be honest was hoping the rain would hold off until we'd been out, but by 9.30 am it had started. Thunderstorms are also on the cards apparently
OMG Lynn, you really could have ended up in deep poo couldn't you, like Sue says Breakdown Recovery in future
Griff I really do hope Steve is kicking himself now, so glad you looked a million dollars,
Maybe Buster was trying thought as a means of moving the, ball Kazz, its amazing how quickly he's settled and fitted in, so happy for him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 10:01 AM
It would of breakdown if I had been out. Because it's on the drive no real urgency.
Got the rest of the nut covers off. just for the wheel change now waiting for dillon to come in and the weather to brighten up. Might be a long wait.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Morning all
Moyra, if ever you do want any balls fetching, just give me a shout and i will get some for you
Lynn....Lol, if it makes you feel any better the tyre shop my dad goes to were adamant he had locking wheel nuts and refused to put the car on the ramp...they sent him home to try and find it...i told him no lockers fitted and when we went back the guy argued with me too...errr nope, no locking wheel nuts!
Oooooo you have been busy again Sue
TW, don't blame you having a duvet day...it's nice sometimes
Thanks all, i have no idea if he will be bothered that he has lost me...most likely not but i was pleased i looked nice. My mate Barney said i had looked really lovely the last few times he had seen me and he said he meant that sincerely..that was lovely of him
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Phone hasn't stopped and not made a move so no shopping done. People know I will be in if its raining I think Forecast not wonderful for tomorrow or Monday, Sunday not too bad. Want to go to training this Sunday as Lona has her op next Thursday, and not sure how she'll be.
Lynn, you are making progress on the wheel. Was glad to see Guiness the Bernese recovered well on Supervet, was thinking of you, he is a handsome boy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Lol...good luck Lynn....not that you need it..just remember loosy lefty...righty tighty lol
Oooo TW, are you in the gold class now then?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
griff that made me feel better.

Well there's life in the old girl yet. Dillon came in so I went out. Mark said I'll do it for you in a bit. Thanked him said let me try but if you want to come and watch or help if needed that's ok.
Well those nuts and the locking wheel nut were tight remembered a trick my dad and Gorden taught me stand on the brace and give little jumps. It worked.
Mark popped down as I was about to remove the wheel. He put the new one on and tightened the nuts off to the true place tomorrow doubt we can save the tyre but will have one put on as that wheel has the alloy on.
Bl**dy knackered and achy but proud I can still do it.
Coffee and ginger cake then the housework.

Isn't Guinness handsome beautiful big head for 14 months old. He looks like he has a long way to go but at least in the right direction now.
Kind of reminded of the terrible time with Ollie.
So glad it wasn't like last weeks tragedy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2017, 12:20 PM
OOh well done Lynn, I wouldn't even make a start on it, got Breakdown Recovery Home Service and Entune Garage round the corner and thats the way for me
Yes Guiness was so very handsome and I too was glad it didn't go like last weeks episode. So very very sad for Bella and her family, it was a step in the dark for Noel and he told them it was, and in the end nature let them down, at least they tried. Shudder to think what the bill was though. Thats the thing, we see all of this happening, but for the majority of us we could never even make it to his reception because of the cost. Shudder to think what the bill was for Guiness actually!!!
The Utonagan that has cancer on her back leg had the placebo and no change, she went for the real one the other day and after a conversation about the dog that actually had the real drug, they are not going any further. It all went badly wrong, they don't understand why, there was an emergency op, not sure of the outcome of it. Apparently its not bone cancer like I thought, but soft cell cancer and its a slow one, in fact she is in much the same situation as I am with Cariad, and up to now she is of a mind to do the same as I am, the other dog is around the same age as Cariad, and she is hesitant to put her through the trial at her age after its gone so badly wrong, she feels (again like me) she would be only doing it for herself and not for the dog, who would suffer pain initially apparently, when she is pain free at present and likely to be for a while yet, then she will let her go with her dignity still intact
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >