Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:44 AM

Agility

I would like to try agility with Bailey, Kasha too but as she is not dog friendly I am going to get some help on that issue first. I am in East Kilbride (South Lanarkshire) Bailey is 4 1/2 boxer staffie x and has good recall. He loves training and wants to please. Would he be able to do it? oh and I am almost 50 and slightly unfit would I be able to do it
Can anyone recommend a club to try?
Thanks
Shirls
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi shirls
I see no reason why you can't both enjoy agility. Try to find a club with different breeds in it and where everyone is smiling. There are heaps of people in agility the plus side of 50 one lady even competes with a walking stick. Oh and a dog of course! Have a look on www.agilitynet.co.uk there's a really comprehensive list of clubs on there I'm sure you'd find one suitable. Happy hunting.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Most dogs can do agility, I have trained with Rotties and seen really tini Chi's
I am not far away from you, I started with Clear Run and Glenifer also train close by, there are other clubs about too - I will see what I can find
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. Some posts seem to have disappeared but I have emailed 1 club that was suggested as they run beginner classes in East Kilbride, hopefully I can do the next one they run.
Shirls