Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 11:09 AM

Starting our Fun Agility tomorrow for Zena

I've booked it, and we start at 12.30 God only knows what's going to happen with my nutter, but the lady is very nice, she told me our first attempt will be on a one to one basis, we take it very sloooowly, my dog has to stay onlead the whole time for the first attempt, and she will have two leads on her for the A-frame, so all in all, I think this lady does it properly!

She uses competition equipment, not your common or garden stuff, so if I want to take it further, if Zena shows promise (hmmmmm not forgetting the owner!!) then we can coz the equipment is the same.

Fair price too £20 for my one to one tomorrow, and from then on it's much cheaper with all the other doglets.

I'll be reporting back then!!!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
sounds great, I'm trying to find a class for Boabz and Toro , I'll look forward to hearing how you get on x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Good luck for tomorrow sounds like it might be fun.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
ohh good luck, have a brilliant time .. Look forward to hearing how you and Zena get on
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Sounds fun.

I'm looking for a class for Bo...agility classes in Sussex beware!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm getting quite excited at the mere thought of it now. Another thing she said is, she won't have any harnesses or my half-check collar, it's got to be a normal, soft collar, why is that then??

I said I doubted whether Zena would go over that big A-frame (coz I saw it Sunday when I went up to take a look), but she said, oh don't you worry, they all love that!!! Oh Zena's gonna just luuuurve it!!! When we were on holiday last week and went into those thick woods, we had to go across two rickety old bridges, and although Zena stopped and looked at me for guidance, I thought nothing of it and just sent her on, so hopefully, if she trusts me enough, she'll zooooom up that a-frame! I wish somebody could come with me and take some piccies though, I might have to enlist the help of a friend

I'll be reporting back tomorrow afternoon then!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Good luck, should be gret fun for both of you

The A frame should be lowered to start with so it wont look as scary as the one you saw

A couple of reasons for the collar, thankfully most agility trainers are positive - so no punishments
At a comp the dogs have to have a flat collar with no dangly bits - so best to get used to training in a flat collar - although I know some dogs in our club wear harnesses at training

Cant wait to hear all about it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh that's very comforting to know about that A-frame I never thought about them lowering it!!!

Yes, she said about the collar, she said we want the dogs to go "forward" without any restrictions, and my half check would restrict her. I told her I would put the flat collar on after I have crossed the busy dual carraigeway, coz we haven't done that yet We have to stand in the middle and there are lorries, motorbikes, the lot zooming up there at 60 mph, so that should be fun too!!! I won't take the car, coz it's literally just across that road into a big field which she hires specially for this agility!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Oooo good luck! I bet she'll absolutely love it!

Our Esme's Mum is an agility dog and we're hoping to do a bit with Esme once she's fully grown - up the sheps!

Make sure to feedback i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that post!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks Kicks, I will, I'm sooooooo excited, but I'm hoping it won't make Zena all hyper when we start at it proper coz I just know how much she's gonna love this!!

You saying about our sheps, she has shepherds and does training as well as this agility, and I THINK she does some obedience training too? I do hope she'll be impressed with Zena and her training so far and her fantastic focus, coz I think that's going to come in handy that focus once we get going! She's gonna leave me for dust is Zena!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >