Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Springador View Post
When entering for the first time is it always best to avoid the KC competitions.
No, not necessarily, they are all run with a relaxed atmosphere, and 99% of the people are very friendly and helpful, some of the shows can be quite big and daunting if you're not sure what you have to do, but some of the smaller KC shows would be perfect for you

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Christine or someone can you help - if a schedule isn't available for download on agilitynet - where do you get it?

I heard there was one in Ardingly in July? South of England? also Haywards Heath are listed as having a show end of May (which has prob. closed anyway) but no schedule?

Thanks,

Rach
Which show are you talking about Rach? sometimes if they're not on agilitynet, they may be on agility eye, or they have an address for you to send off for the schedule
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:20 PM
No you don't see many different breeds but i guess thats because the collies are just too darn good they are great to watch though.

Yes maybe we will see you clmg you can't miss me as i will be the only one with a brown dobie! my sisters going too and entering agility with her border.
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Well done on your first show I remember ours last year and it was nerve wracking to say the least.

You tend to get a fair bit of breed variety at the UKA shows. Their shows are also good for new agility dogs/handlers as you have the nursery class which allows you to gain some ring experience, lower jumps and no weaves/seasaw. They also have casual classes which may be good for the new dog.

Gundogs are fun though and certainly make you laugh. We were at Dordale at the weekend and after a nice grade 1 jumping run Bodi spotted a mug on the ground as she came over the final jump....well the temptation was too much for her and she ran off with it to finish the contents off! Could anyone get near her?....No She came 6th overall in that class

Good luck The bug can bite hard
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely day all round! Any piccies?
Becky
Sorry no pics but will try next time - although there was a photographer there and I think he took one of Max but no idea where to look

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post

Which show are you talking about Rach? sometimes if they're not on agilitynet, they may be on agility eye, or they have an address for you to send off for the schedule
Thanks Christine - I did look on agility eye - I think its too late anyway but its the Haywards Heath the bank holiday week at the South of England Showground - on the show diary but can't find a schedule Heard it had an allsorts class which would have been great for Jess and Connor again.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Rach, this had me very puzzled, so I got my pipe out, put on my deerstalker and did my best Sherlock Holmes impression and found out about that show

It was also known as the Supa Dogs show, which was cancelled for this year and probably next as well, last year the weather was awful, and the ground was flooded, so the show had to be cancelled after the weekend, it was at the Hop farm then.

There was a lot of hooha about refunds, and the poor secretary (or whoever) just about had enough and said that's it, no more and the show was cancelled which is a great shame, but that is why there is/was no schedule

Here's alink to some pics from last years show, which was held at the hop farm, kindly posted by I-mac77 (post 13), who was camping there at the time

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...ight=supa+dogs
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Rach, this had me very puzzled, so I got my pipe out, put on my deerstalker and did my best Sherlock Holmes impression and found out about that show

It was also known as the Supa Dogs show, which was cancelled for this year and probably next as well, last year the weather was awful, and the ground was flooded, so the show had to be cancelled after the weekend, it was at the Hop farm then.

There was a lot of hooha about refunds, and the poor secretary (or whoever) just about had enough and said that's it, no more and the show was cancelled which is a great shame, but that is why there is/was no schedule

Here's alink to some pics from last years show, which was held at the hop farm, kindly posted by I-mac77 (post 13), who was camping there at the time

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...ight=supa+dogs
A grand Sherlock you make too

If its the one in the Show Diary on Agilitynet - Haywards Heath and District CS Open Show? 25th - 27th May! Is that the same one.

What a washout though last year! Very very wet!

http://www.agilitynet.com/shows/showdiary.html

No address or anything to get schedule - as I say think its far too late to enter now anyway - shame
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Yes, that's the same one

That page is just a rough guide, although usually pretty accurate for what show's will be on and when, the better page on agilitynet is the 'schedule' page, those ones are all definate and you can get the entry forms and schedules from there

I'm not sure yet what our show schedule will be, but last year it had a good few allsorts and ABC classes, so hopefully you wont have anything else booked for that weekend (19th & 20th Sept) and it's not too far to travel, keep an eye out for the Stour Valley show
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3