register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Moobli is offline  
Location: Scotland
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,297
Female 
 
23-08-2018, 07:15 AM
I enjoy travelling with my dog and have considered taking him abroad but I actually prefer having my holidays in the UK so haven't gone down that route yet (although have friends who have). Let us know how Max gets on if you do decide to take the trip to Amsterdam.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I enjoy travelling with my dog and have considered taking him abroad but I actually prefer having my holidays in the UK so haven't gone down that route yet (although have friends who have). Let us know how Max gets on if you do decide to take the trip to Amsterdam.
Thank you!
That's on the back burner for now. We are moving house so, until that is settled, we won't be going there.

That said, we did do a 600 mile round trip last week looking at new properties. Max went along of course.
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,055
Female 
 
02-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Where are you thinking of moving to Besoeker? Exciting I think to move house. Would love to but hubby not keen.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
02-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Where are you thinking of moving to Besoeker? Exciting I think to move house. Would love to but hubby not keen.
South Yorkshire. Hence the long trip to look at seven properties in two days.

It's to be nearer to the grand children. And you get more bang for your buck there.
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,055
Female 
 
02-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Ah I have friends up there near Doncaster. Used to go to obedience dog shows with her before she moved. Happy hunting for your new home. Hope it is more stress free than poor Lynn's.
Reply With Quote
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Chris is offline  
Location: Lincolnshire
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,149
Female 
 
02-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Being a Yorkshire lass myself, I can vouch for most of it being a lovely place to live. Whereabouts are you looking?
Reply With Quote
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
tumbleweed is offline  
Location: East sussex
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,119
Male 
 
07-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Don't forget you may I believe have to obtain a vet certificate when leaving the country as well, within 24 hours of date of departure.
Remember you may not be allowed to take your dog into say cafe's- places of interest- hotels and the like. this, let alone feeding him abroad ,it may well constrict you as to where you go.
We use a good local kennels and avoid all this hassle.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
11-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Don't forget you may I believe have to obtain a vet certificate when leaving the country as well, within 24 hours of date of departure.
Remember you may not be allowed to take your dog into say cafe's- places of interest- hotels and the like. this, let alone feeding him abroad ,it may well constrict you as to where you go.
We use a good local kennels and avoid all this hassle.
Wrong thread?
Yorkshire isn't abroad.........
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Van travel kat14778 General Dog Chat 4 02-10-2012 07:00 AM
Car travel kimg Training 11 31-03-2010 01:51 PM
Travel with the UK? Kazz Off-topic Chat 5 20-01-2006 11:34 AM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top