register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,921
Male 
 
31-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Travel

We are considering having a short break in Amsterdam. We love the place But this time we'd like to take Max, our dog. All his medication is up to date, he is chipped and tagged.

Does anyone here know of any other mandatory requirements for such a trip?
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,060
Female 
 
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,921
Male 
 
31-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Thanks Brenda.

This rather surprised me:

"Pet passport
It is recommended that you allow at least a 6-9 month waiting period to arrange for your pet paperwork."
Reply With Quote
Losos
Dogsey Veteran
Losos is offline  
Location: Suffolk, England
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,850
Male 
 
31-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Yes he will need a 'Pet Passport' the main delaying factor is that the Rabies injection has to be verified about 3 or 4 months after it is given (I'm going from memory here it might even be longer) This is because about 1% of jabs 'don't take' if you are unlucky then it has to be given again and once again 'verified' after 3 months. This is why they say it can take up to 9 months.

If you are going via the Eurotunnel (Which is by far the best way for Max, only 25 minutes) you just show the passport as you go through.


I could tell you a story about when we came back to England and the near disasterous point when they said one of her entries (In the passport) was in the wrong place too long to tell here, suffice to say they can be a bit beurocratic (Sp?)
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,921
Male 
 
31-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes he will need a 'Pet Passport' the main delaying factor is that the Rabies injection has to be verified about 3 or 4 months after it is given (I'm going from memory here it might even be longer) This is because about 1% of jabs 'don't take' if you are unlucky then it has to be given again and once again 'verified' after 3 months. This is why they say it can take up to 9 months.

If you are going via the Eurotunnel (Which is by far the best way for Max, only 25 minutes) you just show the passport as you go through.


I could tell you a story about when we came back to England and the near disasterous point when they said one of her entries (In the passport) was in the wrong place too long to tell here, suffice to say they can be a bit beurocratic (Sp?)
Thank you Losos.
The Eurotunnel would get us to France and we could then drive. It would be a new experience for Max and I'm sure he would be fine. But we really don't need the car there.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,921
Male 
 
16-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Max is an excellent traveller. We came back today from a 600 mile two day trip to south and west Yorkshire.
He is just a perfect travelling companion. Car, restaurants, lifts, hotels
............he just embraces them.

I'd like to try him on the train..
I think he would be fine.
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,060
Female 
 
17-08-2018, 03:51 AM
The only problem you may find with trains is space for him to lay down comfortably.
Reply With Quote
Losos
Dogsey Veteran
Losos is offline  
Location: Suffolk, England
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,850
Male 
 
17-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
The only problem you may find with trains is space for him to lay down comfortably.

Buy him a ticket then he could lay down on a seat (Only kidding)
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,060
Female 
 
17-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Nah they like laying on the floor and gleaning the chewing gum from underneath the seats. bg!! Please don't let them. Bad for them.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,921
Male 
 
17-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Nah they like laying on the floor and gleaning the chewing gum from underneath the seats. bg!! Please don't let them. Bad for them.
Yep. He is a scavenger. We should have called him "Hoover".
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Van travel kat14778 General Dog Chat 4 02-10-2012 07:00 AM
Car travel kimg Training 11 31-03-2010 01:51 PM
Travel with the UK? Kazz Off-topic Chat 5 20-01-2006 11:34 AM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top