register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Dibbythedog is offline  
Location: Middlesex
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 806
Female 
 
17-10-2018, 02:17 PM
By law dogs are supposed to be kept under control , In this area people have been told by the plastics to put their dogs on a lead when they walk them on the pavements .
Mine are always on a lead on the pavement . The pavements and roads are busy here. Ive had off lead dogs run up to mine from across the road. They were lucky not to get run over.

Another bug bear is people using retracting leads and not keeping it short. They keep it long and the dog could easily run into the road, Stupid !
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
17-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
By law dogs are supposed to be kept under control , In this area people have been told by the plastics to put their dogs on a lead when they walk them on the pavements .
Mine are always on a lead on the pavement . The pavements and roads are busy here. Ive had off lead dogs run up to mine from across the road. They were lucky not to get run over.

Another bug bear is people using retracting leads and not keeping it short. They keep it long and the dog could easily run into the road, Stupid !
Fine. I rarely walk with my dog on pavements.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
17-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Typically where we walk.....

Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
23-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
You posted about crossing roads. Where are the roads that you say he is so good at crossing?
Near where we live.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
23-10-2018, 09:53 PM
We walked as we do.I carry a lead that I rarely use.
We met a bunch of dog walkers at the corner of the park.
They mingled. All very amicable. All on leads except Max. They all know him.

One owner commented "I wish I could mine to behave as well as yours".
Reply With Quote
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
mjfromga is offline  
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,662
Female 
 
24-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Lol... I'm still waiting for an unedited video of all this. It's easy to make these claims over the internet. Anybody could. Bit harder to actually convince anybody, especially since not all your stories link and you describe the dogs behavior as nearly perfect.

My sweet boy will (sometimes rudely) sniff under another dogs butt. He will sometimes be a tad lazy on recall. He OCCASIONALLY jumps up if people use baby voices with him. He sometimes loudly barks if you're holding something that smells REALLY good and looking at him. He begs for food at tables unless told to go sit down. His leave it/drop it command does not work with food.

As good of a boy as he is... And as gentle and nice... He's got things that make him a normal dog. A not perfect dog. I could sit here and act like he never did anything I didn't want him to. He sat quietly and waited for command always and I could speak of him like some robot dog, but I would be talking out of the side of my neck.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
24-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Lol... I'm still waiting for an unedited video of all this. It's easy to make these claims over the internet. Anybody could. Bit harder to actually convince anybody, especially since not all your stories link and you describe the dogs behavior as nearly perfect.

My sweet boy will (sometimes rudely) sniff under another dogs butt. He will sometimes be a tad lazy on recall. He OCCASIONALLY jumps up if people use baby voices with him. He sometimes loudly barks if you're holding something that smells REALLY good and looking at him. He begs for food at tables unless told to go sit down. His leave it/drop it command does not work with food.

As good of a boy as he is... And as gentle and nice... He's got things that make him a normal dog. A not perfect dog. I could sit here and act like he never did anything I didn't want him to. He sat quietly and waited for command always and I could speak of him like some robot dog, but I would be talking out of the side of my neck.
I'm not, and never have, claimed that my dog is perfect.
Reply With Quote
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
mjfromga is offline  
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,662
Female 
 
24-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Yes you told me that already. But you ACT like he's perfect. You act like he can do no wrong. You act like he's always PERFECTLY behaved. You act like he's always PERFECTLY obedient. You act high and mighty. You act like your dog is better than other people's dogs. You act like your dog is better behaved than other people's dogs. Yet you haven't PROVEN any of this. You're just bragging and boasting with nothing behind it. Most Collie looking dogs I see and meet are hyperactive. They aren't the perfectly obedient dog you seem to try to claim yours is. I just can't see why you're still boasting about his behavior when it's cheap talk that could be completely fabricated. I am nearly sure I won't ever see a video of your dog under perfect command or being perfectly behaved like you claim, and I suspect that is because he ISN'T like that at all.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,917
Male 
 
24-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Yes you told me that already. But you ACT like he's perfect. You act like he can do no wrong. You act like he's always PERFECTLY behaved. You act like he's always PERFECTLY obedient. You act high and mighty. You act like your dog is better than other people's dogs. You act like your dog is better behaved than other people's dogs. Yet you haven't PROVEN any of this. You're just bragging and boasting with nothing behind it. Most Collie looking dogs I see and meet are hyperactive. They aren't the perfectly obedient dog you seem to try to claim yours is. I just can't see why you're still boasting about his behavior when it's cheap talk that could be completely fabricated. I am nearly sure I won't ever see a video of your dog under perfect command or being perfectly behaved like you claim, and I suspect that is because he ISN'T like that at all.
You can believe what you make up. It won't change the truth,
Reply With Quote
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
CaroleC is offline  
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 919
Female 
 
24-10-2018, 07:53 PM
This is turning out to be a very long thread about your not using a lead. I notice that you have adressed the topic before. (See the first old thread below, from 2016). Why the obsession with discussing leads, especially if you don't approve of them?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Leads or not Besoeker General Dog Chat 27 23-10-2016 07:57 AM
Dog Leads Pidge General Dog Chat 35 22-11-2009 07:45 PM
Dog leads Kazz General Dog Chat 13 15-10-2009 08:19 PM
They don't need leads. chaz General Dog Chat 11 27-07-2009 03:44 PM
dog leads.... Collie Convert General Dog Chat 8 18-02-2009 08:37 PM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top