View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Dave is a heck of a lot better now, Kazz, but still needs loos along the route . He does have to watch what he eats because fatty foods make it worse.

He's back to doing the things he did before though including the gardening (thank Heavens because I hate the flaming lawnmower) so things could be a lot, lot worse.

On the plus side, he has lost 2 stones in weight. While that should be good for his diabetes, his readings are still on the high side. Maybe that will settle down in time. I hope so
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Lyn, that's good news re Dillon's tests. Hope he keeps going for a long time yet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Thank you Moyra just emailed an animal osteopath and a physiotherapist as suggested by his breeder.
Maybe something is misaligned although he has always had a funny gait due to his many orthopedic issues.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Maybe something is misaligned although he has always had a funny gait due to his many orthopedic issues.

Hi Lynn, great news on his test results. The larger breeds do seem to suffer more from orthopedic issues. There's a huge number of 'supplements' and 'arthritic treatments' and I find it all a bit confusing. Casey had very bad arthritic problems at the end (on top of the heart and other stuff)

I hope you find something that helps and if you do then keep him on it, these things are not overnight miricle cures they take time to work, could be a year or more.

But overall I'm always interested in reading about him. He is such a lovely dog
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Greetings to all
Yes a hot day here, Bruno & Xena have been hiding under the bushes. we waited until late afternoon to take them out. Xena does so love the forrest you can just see the way she runs around and if she sees a squirel she's in ectasy

Bruno is more laid back, he stops often to sniff something, we still have him on a long lead because we're not sure if he's really 'bonded' to us yet. He seems happy enough with that arrangement.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dave is a heck of a lot better now,

That's great to read Also I note your comments on Gary, I suppose you have to be one step ahead and be ready when the mode changes. Difficult sometimes I'm sure, but you are doing a great job with him.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Lynn, you'll get to the bottom of it because there's just no justice if you don't with all of the effort you have put into him over the years to make sure he's the best he can be.

With my old boy, Sam, he had severe hip displacia when from 6 years old then arthritis came on top. For years we kept him active with Glucosomin & Chondroitin and also Green Lipped Mussel. When he got to 15 it was evident things were escalating so for his last year he went on Metacam first then Tramadol. Just after his 16th birthday we called time. One day he just looked up and basically told me he'd had enough. It broke my heart.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2019, 03:39 AM
Hi Harvey, lovely that the dogs are enjoying their walks
Chris, really good Dave is doing so well...I hope his reading's level out too
Kazz, solicitor went well and it's all being dealt with...I can't say much on an open forum
Lynn, brilliant news about Dillon, you must be relieved
Had a lovely afternoon at Steve's,I have left a bikini top, hairbrush, clips etc and suncream there so I don't need to lug it about each time I go up
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2