Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 28th June, 2019

Good morning everyone, feels a bit nippy this morning. I believe we are supposed to have a hot one today although they did say those nearer the coast would be cooler.

I trust you are all ok and your four legged friends also. Have a good day stay comfortable and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 07:42 AM
Morning Moyra and those to follow. Nope it is very warm here and I am on the coast sort of. Midway between the coast and inland. Have been pruning and tying up the rose arch yet again. Sad it will have to come down at the end of the autumn. Hoping that I can save the rose though. Hope everyone has a good day. Will pop in again sometime. bfn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Good morning all.

Hello all, lovely day here, all round. Thinking of a cruise to the northern lights next year.

Griff Good luck with your acer.
Chris I think they may entertain themselves at that age. Also at that age if they do not want to come they won't so if they come it will be because they want to see you. If they come in the heat wave they will be on the beach I suspect.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Morning all
Thanks Kazz and thanks for the advice..much appreciated
Brenda, why do you have to take the rose arch down? Fingers crossed you can save your rose
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 09:04 AM
I was wondering that too Griff, thanks for asking.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Kazz Griff and all who follow

I am sure if you are replacing the arch Brenda perhaps pulling the rose back and going carful it should be ok. If not cut back in Autumn and carefully dig it out.

Sorry your acer is drying out. My son had one in a pot which was lovely the first year then when the next years leaves came through they dried and dripped off. Think it was because it was in the sun for too long or it caught the early morning sun whilst still wet. His was one of the brown/red leaf ones. I have one in the garden but it is the green variety and that seems to be ok facing east. Hope you can save it.

Lovely and sunny here and now quite warm. Walked Teazle early then cleaned the outside windows. Been and bought some wallpaper to do up the back bedroom (the one I have done for the girls) so will start that tomorrow.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 09:23 AM
I wonder if Brenda's arch needs replacing... shame you can't build one and pop the rose on top
Sue...yes, mine is the red sort..I will persevere with it and cross my fingers and hope for the best
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Good afternoon all.

Overcast and not too warm this morning so perfect walking weather. Sun is out now and it's warmed up a bit. Still not mad hot though thank heavens.

I'm sure the kids can entertain themselves, but I'm so used to entertaining them that I suppose I'm the problem more than them . Love 'em to bits though so it will be lovely to see them if they come.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2019, 03:09 PM
I guess the thing you have to remember is they are adults now Chris, do you have Netflix or something like that?? You could always ask if there was a film they fancied...and I am sure a mooch along the seafront too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Evening everyone. Lovely warm sunny day here after a chilly start.
We got Dillon out before 8 in fact we were home by then which is good ad the sun broke through and its been warm ever since.
He took a massive stumble today. Received the buccal swabs from a company called Laboklin which test for the Exon 1 gene of DM only found in Bernese. If that comes back same as the Exon 2 for many pother breeds carrier low risk then something else is going on. I will be making notes again but only big stumbles like the one today and the frequency.
Other than that he is the same old Dillon cheeky, eating well and bodily functions all well.

We went shopping today out by 9 back by 11. Been sitting in the garden and pottering for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well and are enjoying their day so far.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >