Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 06:51 AM

Dogsey Daily natter Saturday 8th September 2018

Morning all. Hope all is well in your world today. A friend of mine is doing the Thames Path challenge today. I wish her luck for no blisters this time round. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope there is nothing to worry about Lynn but seems late to being doing the survey considering they were hoping to move at the beginning of September.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Another sunny day here. Off again to No1 son's but this will see the end. Had a bit of a problem on one wall - run the paint roller over a bit and the plaster and paint lifted so had to fill and will rub down and paint today plus the doors.

Have a good day and stay safe
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 06:56 AM
Good morning Brenda. We seem to have posted about the same time but no doubt they will be merged.

Hope your friend manages the run without blisters.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Good morning all, hope all your four legged friends are well. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Morning brenda, Sue, Moyra and all who follow.
Overcast and chilly here today. Off out to meet Michael and Margaret this afternoon for coffee and cake and hear about their short break away.
Feeling a bit fed up to be honest Sue. Also wondering why left it so late in the day and asking us to pay their indemnity policy I assume it's them asking through the solicitor.
We are leaving them wardrobes and chests of drawers in both bedrooms 2 and 3 years old. Admitted it saves us taking them apart to remove but all the same there is about £400 worth of furniture there.
Plus all the blinds one less than a year old. The curtains in the living room and all the lights wall floor and side plus the one in the ceiling. Again all bought new when we moved here 5 years ago. The little cupboard in the bathroom to.
Well it will be their loss if they start playing silly beggars with wanting big reductions because we shall say jog on. After all the talk about really loving the house etc., Plus they have already paid so much out in solicitor fees.
I am totally baffled as to what survey it actually is agent said structural, but they take longer than an hour so do the homebuyer surveys.
Oh well i will know Thursday and expecting him to be here longer than an hour although agent did say surveyor said he will only be about an hour.
I had forgotten how stressful house moving was but I am sure 5 years ago selling, buying and moving was not as bad as now.
The silly repetitive questions from solicitors is also getting really annoying but apparently my friends son who moved recently said they suffered the same problems.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Good afternoon all.

Managed to stay dry this morning and just got back in time before the rain started.

Is the indemnity policy for the land registry Lynn. I know we were asked to pay that too when we moved.

Sister and daughter coming tomorrow for the day. I feel very guilty about it, but I'm not telling Gary about it so that I can have a day out with them without worrying - a day off so to speak.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2018, 01:14 PM
'afternoon all

Just thought I should pop in since I think I've missed a few days

Weekly shop this morning, Casey (as usual) enjoyed getting out and met a couple of dogs (While SWMBO pushed the trolley round) he did stumble once, but got up quickly 'tho.

Would like some rain (for the lawn) but don't think we'll get any here today.

Lynn - "The silly repetitive questions from solicitors is also getting really annoying"

I know what you mean, when we were buying this place it looked like the seller was dragging her feet so I wrote to her to say we wouldn't wait beyond the next four weeks. She passed the letter to her solicitor who in turn contacted our solicitor who rang me up and told me I shouldn't be doing that!!!! Well I was right and the stupid muppet solicitors were wrong. The seller made arrangements to move into her daughters home and it took her another year, yes A YEAR before she was able to move into the retirement home she had selected.

In a nutshell her stupid ignorant solicitor expected us to wait a YEAR before exchanging contracts.

Did you know that before the Law Society can open a new law college they first have to send builders in to widen the doorways - think about it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Aw sorry to hear Casey stumbled. Maybe he has the same problem at times as Tyto who today so far is having a good day. .Chinese tonight and of course wine. bfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Evening everyone.
Chris no not the land registry because this house use to be one at some point we have flying creeping boundaries although Gorden is questioning that and the fact that supposedly our upstairs bath sits over next doors living room. He doesn't think it does.
Harvey silly isn't it could think of a lot of other words to use but will try to remain a ladeeeeee.
Sorry Casey had a stumble earlier. Good he got up quick.
Enjoy the chinese and wine brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Evening all...bored and cold
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >