Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Lol Brenda
Garages really can be crap, dad bought his m sport approved used BMW...they state won't need a service for 6 months, 2months in, starts on about brake fluid service...dad says oh I will just pay! I went mental, said no and insisted sytner picked up the tab, they had to cover the lot as I had been in the trade and new all the ins and outs..I really don't get why they try to con you as surely word of mouth will lose you customers
New modem is here and installed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
so I have told Barry to go with his knowledge and ignore what they tell us

Yes Sue I completely agree about 'main dealer' service standards. I had smoke & flames comming from under the bonnet entirely down to bad workmanship on a service for my Mercedes Sprinter.

If you can find a small independant garage who does mainly service & repairs so NOT a car sales place then you may well be better off going to them.

It's so easy to fob the customer off with some technical gobbly gook. I think Griff will support me on this, she had to deal with lots of different makes in her spanner swinging days
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I went mental, said no and insisted sytner picked up the tab, they had to cover the lot as I had been in the trade and new all the ins and outs..I really don't get why they try to con you as surely word of mouth will lose you customers

I posted above before I read this but was pretty sure you'd say something like this. You know, from having been working on the car, exactly what needs doing, if some smart arse on the front desk tries to make it up it's degrading your integrity. The guy with the spanner is the guy who counts, not some reception based muppet with a fancy job title
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
but I do know that there are bonus schemes in place which may encourage people to say work needs doing when it doesn't....

Yes, the general public will never be able to pin them down but I agree with you, money seems to be the motivating factor, not pride in ones work and doing a good job.

Oh well it is 2018 not 1918 haha.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 07:16 PM
This is why I trust my garage. They sold me the car I have and are very good to me. Even doing things with no charge. The funniest thing is, if my daughter is with me when I pop in to see them they always say. "what have you done now", speaking to her. lol!! Off to watch more Corrie. Have a good rest of evening peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Yes Harvey, we had a bonus scheme at the land rover dealership...I never bothered, I liked the job and fixing cars, the money wasn't really a big deal to me. I now have a fella called Simon who is my mobile mechanic, he doesn't rip you off, works at your property and is so honest. The bus company Steve works for has a thing called a time ticket...if your bus runs late at the end of the shift, they give you a ticket for the time, you save up the minutes and get an hour day etc off, you don't get paid for a certain amount of time if you run over so all the drivers run at least 10mins late so they get a time ticket and get something out of the company, drives Steve mental as it encourages people to hand the bus over late and then he has to make up the time...I am sure people in charge are slow in the head...same as the bin men, there day is complete the round and go home, they miss out streets and cite parking issues and it's their word against yours, they get home early and are paid overtime on a weekend to return and collect the missed bins! Nuts
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Brenda, if you put non-slip vet bedding into either ebay or amazon, there's loads come up. Never used it so can't recommend any particular source.

Our previous car had a problem with the stop start thing. Went back to the dealer loads of times and they always denied the problem even though they couldn't get it to work. We had every excuse under the sun, but the craziest was that they aren't designed to work in wet or damp weather . We said we'd researched it and it was a common fault on the Panda Twin Air and the usual remedy was new battery and a small part on it. They completely denied this until the car was just out of warranty and on the MOT said it needed the part and the new battery.

Got rid of the car. I hated it anyway so traded it in for a 'normal' Panda that I really do love
Hey a fellow Panda lover..........what have you got? mine is Percy 2005 panda
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 11:35 PM
It's 2015. Just the basic model but with an extra seatbelt in the back for when the grandkids visit. Lovely little car. Easy to drive, easy to park.

The twin air version was like driving a lawnmower. We were lucky to get out of 3rd gear going to town because it didn't kick into fourth until about 35 miles an hour unless you wanted shaking to bits. I hated it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2