Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 07:29 AM

Daily Thread Friday 31st August

Good morning everyone

Do hope your gut feeling is wrong Lynn and everything goes ahead.

Poor Casey. Unfortunately they do what they want today with no thought of how they will get home. Gentle hugs to him

The socks sound a good idea Brenda but you may find he will be ok.

Hope everyone is well

A lovely morning here just the usual housework, washing and dog walking for me.

Yesterday the morning was spent sorting out Barry's car. Had its service and MOT on Tuesday with two advisories on the service sheet. One was the air con so booked that in only to find that we had it done last year so that was cancelled and also they have put the wrong milage on the service certificate(last years"s) Now the MOT cert and service one do not match. Also advised we had the tracking looked at so took it to a local tyre place who said rubbish nothing wrong with it they are trying to rip you off. It would seem now that main dealers are only out to make extra money so I have told Barry to go with his knowledge and ignore what they tell us

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Sue and all to follow. I hope it stays dry for you as I speak of showers in the south, with a bit of luck you should get your washing dry.

Lynn, do hope things go well with your buyers and the contracts get signed soon. Hope Dillon's leg is better this morning.

Griff, hope you are feeling better this morning and Deag and Kota are ok.

Brenda, hope your four legged friend is ok this morning, I have gone brain dead and forgotten his name, Tyto, I think.

Harvey, Do hope Casey is ok today, poor old boy, horrible when they get on in years.

I hope everyone and their four legged friends are all in fine fettle, do have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all to follow.

Goodness Sue that's not good. I think if you contact the mot station they can correct the wrong mileage on the certificate but you have to do it in 7 days.
This happened to me with the Mazda but I left it to late for them to correct might be worth a try.
On my peugeot they said mileage unreadable it comes up on the trip computer when switching on and you can read it for at least the first 10 mins. So they don't bother trying.
Enjoy your day sounds like a peaceful one.

Moyra hope your feeling better and good to see the computer is still with you.
Dillon's leg a lot better today thank you. Still a slight limp towards end of the walk but he was much easier on it. Gave him a loading dose of rhus tox yesterday and started him on some high strength turmeric tablets with black pepper and just added some oil.
Maybe he hurt it when he does all his silly leaping about when excited about walks or rides in the car.
Will monitor him and see how he goes.

Harvey hope Casey is doing ok.
griff hope you are feeling better.
Hope Tyto is ok to brenda.

W are off to Holt in a while for the day better get some sort of day out this holiday as we have spent the whole of Gorden's 8 weeks off house hunting or being ill or both. He is back to work Monday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Good morning all.

Looks like a nice day out so we are looking forward to our same old, same old.

The lawnmower works. In fact is good. Mind you, putting it together was fun. Hubby will learn to read the instructions one day <sigh>.

Gary is going with us this morning - armed up with his SOS thingymubobby so we should be ready for anything - says she, tongue in cheek.

Have a good 'un all
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2018, 10:09 AM
re Sue's post. I have worked on cars and done engine rebuilds in the past as well as working on most mechanical parts, albeit pre this electronic car age. Today you need a diagnostic tester to find any faults.

However the basic gut feeling when something is wrong with a car is still there. You can feel or sense a problem with a car with the way it handles and runs.
At the garage when told about the suppose wheel alignment problem I asked if it was what is called a toe in/out or camber problem. The guy couldn't answer.
I knew the alignment was ok as there was no uneven wear on the tyres but got a second opinion anyway.

Even main dealers are trying to con people into spending money on work on cars that isn't needed. You just can't trust anyone now
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Morning all. Hope all ok with everyone. I am now looking for non slip vet bedding. Who would have thought it would be so problematical to go on holiday this time round. Hey ho. I will keep looking. Hugs to Casey.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 12:40 PM
As a main dealer trained Mechanic...both ford and land rover, I find what has happened to you Barry utterly disgusting! Never in all of my career have I ever suggested work to be done on a vehicle that didn't need doing, neither have my colleagues... it's terrible that this goes on but I do know that there are bonus schemes in place which may encourage people to say work needs doing when it doesn't.... asking for trouble really
Been painting the fence...I may slightly resemble a smurf lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Griff as long as you have the pointy hat on. bg!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Brenda, if you put non-slip vet bedding into either ebay or amazon, there's loads come up. Never used it so can't recommend any particular source.

Our previous car had a problem with the stop start thing. Went back to the dealer loads of times and they always denied the problem even though they couldn't get it to work. We had every excuse under the sun, but the craziest was that they aren't designed to work in wet or damp weather . We said we'd researched it and it was a common fault on the Panda Twin Air and the usual remedy was new battery and a small part on it. They completely denied this until the car was just out of warranty and on the MOT said it needed the part and the new battery.

Got rid of the car. I hated it anyway so traded it in for a 'normal' Panda that I really do love
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Thanks Chris. I have found some at a reasonable price on ebay so waiting until nearer the time when the auction ends to see how much it remains at.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >