View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Can't post a new thread at dogs for adoption... (Soi Dogs)

so I'm trying to reach you on here

but did you ever hear of SoiDog?

that's the home page
https://www.soidog.org/Default.aspx

but especially that one, they are fighting against, is absolutely cruel
http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/

as well you can check out about youtube, just give in soi dogs in the search machine

you can also find them at [a social network], I could see at one vid of them, but I'm not in [a social network], so can't tell about more of there

so maybe you can rethink to buy a new harness for your dog, he/she doesn't need but you because of the new nice colour or whatever, your dog doesn't care about...

any silly stuff you will buy for the next show, that might will make your dog more beauty as he/she anyway already is, just for to win a prize your dog doesn't need for to be happy, but you...

maybe that wasted money you could spend to there?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't wish to be rude or to sound mean but my feelings are that there are a lot of dogs in our own country that need our help.
What spare cash I have I give to a local shelter and I know the majority of Dogsey members do the same.
So you may not get many replies.
Always good to make people aware of whats going on though.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I don't wish to be rude or to sound mean but my feelings are that there are a lot of dogs in our own country that need our help.
What spare cash I have I give to a local shelter and I know the majority of Dogsey members do the same.
So you may not get many replies.
Always good to make people aware of whats going on though.
actually that was more what I wanted to, to make the people aware of
and I also spend the money rather to a lokal shelter, not really by cash but loads of pet shops or supermarket has so boxes, where you can just buy any stuff for pets while your usual shopping and throw it later into the box as a donation for them

maybe that threat was rather for to rethink, when they are getting unnecessary stuff for their dogs, the dogs at all has really nothing of it, just the owners

not talking about treats or goodies/snacks for to spoil them
or a new toy they will have fun with
...or a sheepskin they just love to cuddle up at

nor more expensive food when it's good...

I just mean, stuff the dog at it doesn't need at all

I'm not a reply hunter at all
so I'm not that keen on getting loads of replies

otherwise I would just post loads of threats, all time any pics of my dog or whatever
I'm not important nor my dog is
we are only important to each other
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Aaah now I understand

Yes our supermarkets have boxes where you can donate food for animal shelters.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 06:02 PM
...actually not once I could spend any cent to them, because I don't use paypal, nor I've a credit card

but I send regularly a donation to PETA Deutschland by an automatic debit transfer system, which is a affiliated company of PETA USA, which fights against any animal cruelty

not a fortune but
Many a little makes also a mickle
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2013, 06:30 PM
...BUT Peta Deutschland is not to compare with Peta USA!!! I've to mention!!!

the Germans are quite differently than the Americans!!!!

...if you look at there

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan...b_2979220.html

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi Malpeki,

I mean this most kindly as I know English is not your first language but ... the word you are looking for is THREADS, not THREATS! (Must admit it has been making me smile!)

Making threats has an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT meaning lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
Many a little makes also a mickle
How nice it is that you can quote 'old sayings to us' it is much appreciated by me at least.

Yes it's good to keep awareness of all the rescue organisations because there is so much that needs ot be done and if we all give a little here and there perhaps the dogs most in need will be saved.

I also agree that our dogs do not envy some fancy harness or wish for a very expensive coat, so in our house we do not buy these things, we prefer to buy good food, and make sure they have good medical attention, (there is no insurance for dogs here in CZ so we pay all the vet bills ourselves.)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
the Germans are quite differently than the Americans!!!!
Yes Alexandra I've never seen it written like that but it's true and did make me smile, hope you don't mind since this is a serious thread.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 07:48 PM
By the way I did not read Malpeki here as asking people to donate to her cause or a particular cause. More that they were asking people to think twice before spending money on frivolous stuff their dogs do not need and to either donate to a food box or collecting box instead or to give some of it.

I understand perfectly the horrors of animal abuse in countries outside of the UK - UK has its problems but the animal cruelty seen here in Cyprus is far worse. It's the mindset of the people that needs changing and that takes a long time and cannot be legislated for.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >