View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
clare
Dogsey Junior

08-08-2004, 02:52 PM

Why so many neapolitans?

I own a neapolitan mastiff and i wouldnt dream of throwing him out or being cruel to him. I wouldnt do it to ANY dog or any other living thing.
I was just wondering, why are there so many neo's on the rescue page?!
They arent exactly the most common dogs around!
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

13-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi Clair,
We are always full with them and Bullmastiffs we will also try and help any other Molosser breed we have had few others in
We have a 5 year old DDB XBullmastiff coming in she is so sweet but never been out on a lead/never been loved
so we will be looking for a home for her soon
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Its such a shame the way some people treat and value dogs.. I heard of someone today who's bullmastiff got into a fight with a smaller dog, the owner of the bullmastif has now decided to put the dog to sleep without giving it another chance. Obviosuly I cant say this is fact as I heard it from someone else but it just goes to show
clare
Dogsey Junior

14-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Aw that is such a shame. If it was a kiddy then fair enough, but another dog? Hm ... not so sure!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2004, 10:08 AM
People like the idea of owing a giant breed, and all puppies are irresistably cute. But, once the puppy starts to grow, and grow, and grow, and gets stronger & stronger, and costs more and more in food & vet fees - well, then these eager owners realise they they have taken on a lot more than they can actually handle or afford. Also health & tempererment are issues in carelessly bred dogs. While ethical breeders will take back any pup from their breeding there are just too many irresponsible breeders who wash their hands of the pups once they are sold.

If only potential owners would research breeds more carefully, and if only the 'mum & dad' breeders would think a bit more about the ramifications of having "just one litter", and if only the BYBs had some trace of care & compassion, and if only the puppy millers would drop dead, then perhaps a lot of heartache could be avoided.
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

14-08-2004, 09:33 PM
To true