View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tabbart34
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2009, 08:39 AM

Dogue de bordeaux/rottie needs a new home please read on.

Hi there, i am a female Dogue de bordeaux/rottie called mia, I have 4 years old but nearer to 5, i have a fantastic temprement, i am also well behaved, i love playing with children, catching a ball and bringing it back, i think thats my favorite game, but unfortunaltly due to my family having a new addition not another dog, a 2 legged friend that crys and takes up all my familys time i do not get to play my favorite games anymore,

I am looking for a home who can give me that again, can anyone help, if yes can you email me your name and my family will get back to you.

Thank you.

PS i live in the Midlands area
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi there Mia... I can't help but wonder if your family might not be being a bit unfair to you... A baby doesn't have to take up all their time and you don't need all that much. Just a walk every day and some love and affection which you clearly give back in spades..

Perhaps you should ask your family again if there isn't something they could do to keep you. It's really not that hard. Dogs and babies get along all the time... Unless you are lying a bit about your fantastic temperament? But even then I know you are a good dog at heart (cos all dogs are) and you'd do all you could to try to change your ways if only they will spend a little time working with you and showing you how to act around the new baby.

Good luck Mia
tabbart34
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Magpye,

My family have not made this decision lightly they have really tried to make this work out but unfortunatly it is not working, i do have a fantastic temprement i am not lying about that, we live in a small house and my space is being taken over with toys and pushchairs, when my family had me, they did not have any idea a baby would come a long.

Mia
xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Could you get in touch with Dog's Trust?
tabbart34
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Sarah27,

I do not really want to put mia into a dogs home, i would like to re home her asap into a loving family, Thanks for caring
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:24 AM
I think DT can help you with the rehoming process without actually taking Mia into kennels.

I just feel, especially with the breed of dog she is, that all the support you can get with finding the right family for her, would be best for your dog.
tabbart34
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Dear Sarah, Thank you, do you know how i can get intouch with the dogs trust, a have never had to re home a dog before and i do feel very guilty but i have no option, its not for me, it is so my dog is happy and having fun again.
Thanks.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 10:17 AM
have you had her since she was a pup?
tabbart34
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Shona,

Yes she was about 6 weeks old,
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi
Dogstrust will rehome direct from your home, they would come out and assess her and then home her accordingly. I can appreciate how hard it is having a dog and a baby, as have done it myself, however I do also think that it does get easier as the child becomes more independent too.

Does your dog not cope with the lack of attention ? Does she still get exercise ? Does she walk with the buggy?

Is there any way you could employ a dog walker/get a member of the family to walk her once a day if thats the issue etc?

As I say I know its hard but perhaps there is a way round giving her up, as sadly I think you will find it hard to get her a good home presently being a large breed and with so many in rescue as it is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >