Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 07:49 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 20th October

Good morning everyone

Hope your solicitors are progressing Chris although not contacting you with updates.

Don't worry about your husband Brenda it is up to him to find somewhere not yours as long as he has agreed to sign all the paperwork.

We have the opposite problem with selling Ben's house. All the identification documents they need and the requests come through in dribs and drabs. It doesn't help that his wife is in Brazil. As far as I know they still haven't taken photos and this has now been going on since the beginning of September! Until it is sold they can't buy another house as they need the money for a deposit.

Rain overnight but now brightening up. One lot of bedding in machine so hopefully will be able to get it on the line to dry

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 07:52 AM
Morning Sue yep easier said than done. Have a good day. And everyone else.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 08:17 AM
Morning everyone been out with Gert washing in machine in the hope of the windy dry day promised but I do not have high hopes on looking out the window,. LOL Have a good day everyone and happy days. I think I could be in cleaning mode when I have had my brekkie. Not sure if the "bug" will still last when I am ready to start cleaning LOL

My niece and her fiancé have moved into the flat YEAH she is so chuffed there first home. My sister and BIL are painting the whole house by the sounds of it. "J" nephew is in respite for 2 weeks so making the most of it impossible to do these things when he is home. has decided on a colour called Dulux Dusty Fondant for the "feature" wall. My brother is having a new kitchen fitted. So we are all busy busy.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 08:41 AM
It's come to a stand still as waiting for local searches. Hey ho!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Not a very bright morning here today looks like it's about to chuck it down with rain.

All those moving and waiting on solicitors good luck hopefully it will be moving asap. Been there done that to many times in our married life. Last time 2 years ago. They say from point of offer at least 2- 3 months and that's was always considered a good time frame.
We used the online solicitor when we moved here connected to the agents thought it easier to keep everything in one place we had never done that before. Must say if we did move again and that option was out there we would do it again, much easier drop paperwork off at agents office they deal with the rest.

Kazz how nice for your niece and nephew. Busy times ahead for you.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone, Have a good day, stay safe and well. your four legged friends also. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon all.

Times have changed because of the pandemic unfortunately. We have been given 14 to 16 weeks to completion. Some of that is because it is leasehold though and they have to get the lease reassigned which also adds to the costs.

Not heard anything for a few days so I'll be contacting them in the next couple of days to see how things are moving. It usually spurs them on to open the file at least

Been quite a nice day here so far, but it has gone overcast now
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Things are moving they think.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 03:40 PM
I am with Lynn if the option was there given the good feedback I have received I would go online.

Excellent day nothing special just some days feel "yeah" this is one.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Things are moving they think.
Good to hear
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >