Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 08:52 AM

Daily thread, friday, 16th october, 2020

Good morning everyone, Isn't hard to get hold of a doctor these days? Oh well got a locum who is going to phone me tomorrow afternoon.

How are you all? Not very bright this morning still take care, stay safe and well your doggies too. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Overcast and on the chilly side today.
I have caved in and booked smart meters to go in end of November. Gas and electric.
Our meters are in cupboards on the floor of the bedrooms and it is getting harder and harder to get down and up again and I hate to admit I am getting older not younger, so decided might as well sort it now.
Plus it will stop the stupid emails asking me to take photos. Spoke on the phone to a nice guy yesterday moaning about them asking me to take photos and he explained that for some reason the readings I submitted had not logged. We think maybe they are making life awkward to get people to sign up for them.
I did say my main concern was people losing jobs and apparently those meter readers most are engineers to so they fit the meters and those that do not have those qualifications are deployed doing other jobs within the companies. I did read that somewhere also.
So we are going to be smart. We will not use the display given as we have managed for 43 years without something telling us the amount of electric we are using to us it's common sense in the winter you use more gas the heating gets turned up, electric tumble dryers used more.
I read on which that some people are under the impression it tells you how much money your spending so you can calculate your bill. I have never thought that they were capable of that.

Moyra sorry you are feeling bleurgh still.

Hope everyone is well including four legged friends to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So we are going to be smart. We will not use the display given as we have managed for 43 years without something telling us the amount of electric we are using to us it's common sense

Yes it is Lynn, problem is I get the feeling about 90% of the great British public have no common sense

My display sits in a cardboard box next to the meter and I never look at it You'll still be able to get a reading off the meter itself ('tho annoyingly the digits are a tad smaller )

The last guy who read our meter was an engineer 'cos he explained to me about the new regulation that ties the earth to the neutral, I'll skip all the technical stuff, but it was obvious he knew what he was talking about.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2020, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
hard to get hold of a doctor these days? Oh well got a locum who is going to phone me tomorrow afternoon.

Hope he has good news for you, sending lots of good wishes
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone. I have news. I'm moving. Yeh 18th November. Get well soon Moyra and anyone feeling under the weather.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Hi Harvey I have explosions of annoyance at the lack of common sense today.

brenda great news so pleased for you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Thankyou Lynn. I just hope nothing stops it from going through. I'm told it shouldn't. Have a great day and weekend.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Well done Brenda in finding a place you like. Hope you will be very happy once you move in

Hope the doc gives you good news Moyra.

I agree Lynn the utility services are dire. Had a phone call from British Gas to give them a meter reading. It is no use using the automated service as they want an economy ready for electric which we don't have and you can get past it. So logged on and gave one that way only to get a message that they may meed another shortly as I was a bit early. You can't win what ever you do Refuse to have a smart meter until we have to by law.

Hope you and Alena are keeping well Harvey.

Been busy pottering around and generally tidying up. Off to house in London late this afternoon to avoid the new restrictions coming into force tomorrow.

Hope all are well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hi everyone. I have news. I'm moving. Yeh 18th November. Get well soon Moyra and anyone feeling under the weather.
I shall say no more than I have copied and pasted my post from Monday this week as follows......

12-10-2020, 03:22 PM#13
Originally Posted by brenda1 Kazz two viewings this week. Have a good day everyone.

OH I have positive thoughts for this week for you and remember I had positive thoughts about you now buyer too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2020, 12:57 PM
So I rest my case and say CONGRATULATIONS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >