Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2020, 08:01 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 14th October,2020

Good morning all. Have a good day looks as though it might be weatherwise. Hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Lovely morning here after rain yesterday afternoon and over night. Washing out and dried. ironed and in airing cupboard. Nothing planned. Have tidied up the garage from where I dropped the bean canes and made room for stuff we have to collect from son's London house. Now coffee tine

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Started off looking a bit grim here now brightened up and washing on the line. Hoping it dries.
Dillon took a bit of a longer walk today.

Moyra hope your doing ok.
Sue another busy morning.
Honestly SSE are doing my head in last meter reading online they hadn't received what I had submitted. Today my readings I gave last week are not in line with previous meter readings can I take a photo of the meters. No I cannot they are in awkward places so resent new readings. Had a bit of a moan via email about how they keep saying this that and the other. Wonder if this is trying to get me to cave in and have a smart meter.
The reason I really objected was because it was putting meter readers out of jobs in this present time I guess if I did agree I wouldn't be putting anyone out of a job and saving myself a lot of hassle. Will see what happens and have a think.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-10-2020, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
was because it was putting meter readers out of jobs in this present time I guess if I did agree I wouldn't be putting anyone out of a job and saving myself a lot of hassle. Will see what happens and have a think.

Hi Lynn, yes right now there are lots of things (to do with Covid19) that may effect employment, I also quite liked having my meter read by a real human, but the last one who called on me said he was already working most of his time in other parts of the comapny (EDF) so I did (reluctantly) agree to a 'smart' meter.
None of the so called advantages are any use to me so I put my display box next to the meter outside and I never look at it.

But it does send meter readings when required automatically which ultimately results in a bill which I just pay (if the useage looks about right)

They try to sell the smart meter idea by giving you the ability to see if you are using more than your 'average use' and the display starts flashing.
So what real use is this ? For example if the display starts flashing on a Sunday after Alena has put the roast in the oven what am I supposed to do ??? Go to her and tell her she has to switch the oven off because we are using more than our average use???

A death wish is not on my list of things I want
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Good afternoon all.

I made the big mistake of signing Gary up with SSE when he moved Lynn. It took four initial meter readings before they accepted it then tried to put his monthly dd up to £127. Bearing in mind that the under floor heating and hot water is provided by the complex that was outrageous so after the four readings they reduced it to £17 per month. It's nothing but a hassle because I have to ask the complex manager every time we need a reading because all the metres are in the basement where only staff have access.

Nice day here so far so a nice walk this morning.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Oh Harvey very wise not to annoy Alena when the roast is going in.
I have been with them 7 years Chris inherited them at Upwell and always found them good especially customer service. Today was so annoying plus Anglia water have been cutting the water off in March due to an emergency pipe situation. Some had been notified others not today ours went off no notification. Years ago even an emergency they would knock on doors to warn you. Even in this pandemic they could do that safely. Their excuse send you the link if you were signed up you would know. I went for the jugular. Not everybody has a lap top or pc what about the elderly ? Back to SSE checked my online account and all is well they have issued the bill today so goodness knows what this chap was on about I have basically told him in an email to bog off between him and Anglian water I have had enough.

Looking for a silly Christmas film to watch but seems I have watched them all. Not my day today it seems.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Lynn, here, the water company call you and leave a message and you can go on their repair or planned works thingy and it will tell you what they are doing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-10-2020, 06:48 PM
No such courtesy here griff.
In the end via messaging I told him to go away his excuses were not acceptable and I had had enough of the conversation and to go away as I wasn't replying anymore.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2020, 07:39 PM
For some time the kitchen waste peddle bin would not fully open. This is because there was a flimsy locating catch the bar from the peddle went into under the lid. Cheap nasty bit of plastic so cut and filed that out.

Sue was thinking about spending £40+ on a new one.
So I took the broken lid catch and peddle bin into the workshop to see if I could fix it. Got a piece of
metal strip and bent and drilled it bit with no success.

Was I going to be beaten? hell no

Then another of my brainwaves, use a gate catch

Drilled a couple of holes in the bin lid and bolted the part to the underside of the lid, and it works perfectly. Opens fully and shuts down as it should
If Sue want to put a bit of black paint on it to cover the bolts that is down to her
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2020, 08:24 PM
You should be on the repair shop programme. Night all.��