Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 08:35 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 8th October, 2020

Good morning all. trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. I did not want to get up this morning, cold damp mornings are not nice. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet and windy here and I need matchsticks to keep my eye lids open.
Bad night with Dillon from 1 am till around 7.30 am. Panting ,restless, at 5 I was in the cabin with him as that's where he wanted to be.
He is better as can be expected now, not eaten his breakfast but he has done a huge poo. He did a small one Sunday a huge one Monday evening then nothing till this morning.
Not sure if that had given him tummy ache he ate well yesterday small meals.
Ab's finished last night so back on the previcox he is finding walking very difficult at the moment so need him to eat what I have given him as the previcox is in there. He desperately needs them back in his system for his joints.
I must remember he has had two major stomach ops not just the one and a minor one regards the gastropexy.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 09:10 AM
Ohhhh Dillon, eat your breakfast!!! Hoping he will be better as the day goes on Lynn
Was really dull here but the sun has come out now, need to try and pop out in a little bit so I am sure it will rain again then lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Morning Lynn it could be that as Dillon had part of his intestines removed it takes longer for the gut to work. Maybe more roughage eg: a little broad bran.
Off for a viewing this afternoon and I am so Hoping it is the one. Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Poor Dillon, I hope he is better soon. It's so worrying when they get old. Amber is still flat out asleep. Bless her.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I must remember he has had two major stomach ops not just the one and a minor one regards the gastropexy.

That's quite a lot of surgery to get over, poor old boy, but if he gets through the next few days his body should gradually recover and the Previcox should help. I do look forward to seeing him back to normal.

On the boiler story, good news, it was not the boiler itself at fault but a partially clogged water pipe that feeds the boiler, not enough water was getting to the boiler so it was over heating and the safety circuit cutting in and shut down the burner.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2020, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Off for a viewing this afternoon and I am so Hoping it is the one.

Good luck with the viewing, hope it ticks most of your boxes
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Thanks it can't come soon enough. I have boxes stacked up.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon all

Wet cold and horrible here although easing up slightly waiting for a break to get sleepy head on the sofa out again for her long run.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Poor Dillon I expect he is till feeling sore. I remember when dear old Sage (Doberman) had a blockage and his intestines were compromised it took a while for him to get back to normal eating. Gentle hugs to him.

Good luck with the viewing Brenda

Pleased the boiler problem was easily sorted Harvey.

Raining here and has been all morning. Had to take the X-trail in for an assessment for repair. Had a slight accident on Tuesday a driver came out of a side road on my side of the road. He said his foot slipped of the brake once he saw me. Fortunately I had stopped so the impact was not too bad. Need a new grill, number plate and I think the whole section they call the bumper. He has admitted liability to his insurers so I will not have to pay anything. Fortunately we are both ok with no injuries cars can be repaired or replaced.

Hope everyone is well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >