Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-07-2005, 12:10 PM

The Name Game..

Ok so my puppy has the name "Muse"... so how do i get her to take that on bored.. im sure she must think her name is No...
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 12:58 PM
well, firstly only use her name for good things, such as to get treats, food or play. Try not to use her name in the same sentence as the word NO or anything negative

Everytime she responds to her name give her a treat
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-07-2005, 01:03 PM
hummm she really likes treats.. fat puppy

Originally Posted by Jenny
well, firstly only use her name for good things, such as to get treats, food or play. Try not to use her name in the same sentence as the word NO or anything negative

Everytime she responds to her name give her a treat
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 01:29 PM
What happened to Cujo?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Vex
hummm she really likes treats.. fat puppy

heh. well, if u are giving extra treats make sure to reduce her food accordingly
i found it really easy to change my dogs name, i just made sure i used it alot and praised her when she responded.
From Luz's response am i understanding she had another name b4? if that is the case, then say the old name and add the new name onto the end. So if it was cujo, call her cujomuse and gradually take away the cujo bit so tis just muse. I didnt need to do this but if u find it helps then do that
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 02:53 PM
I think Vex is offline now Jenny but yes he was going to call her cujo when I was last chatting to him, might be my fault he changed it, going on about rabid dogs and all. Sorry Vex if I have put you off your chosen name but at least now you have your very own muse. Sorry you have to stop me sometimes I'm very naughty.
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-07-2005, 03:47 PM
well as shes only 8 weeks old i think even oi is somthing she responds to. however i decided not to call her cujo after watching that awful film.

Being a girl i found it hard to come up with a name. The idea was to get a boy and call him tucker. But Muse is ok.. i think i dont really know she just makes me laugh running round and getting violent with cardboard. lol
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I think Muse is lovely...very original and very feminine
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 06:11 PM
muse .Synonyms: brood, chaw, chew over, cogitate, consider, contemplate, deliberate, dream, feel, meditate, moon, mull over, percolate, pipe dream, ponder, puzzle over, reflect, revolve, roll, ruminate, skull drag, speculate, sweat over, think, think over, turn over, weigh, woolgather

verb ,,To be absorbed in one's thoughts; engage in meditation.

Greek Mythology. Any of the nine daughters of Mnemosyne and Zeus, each of whom presided over a different art or science.
muse
A guiding spirit.
A source of inspiration.

an excellent name for a well loved puppy
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 12:01 PM
muse is a great name hun and i dont believe you have posted any pics of your lovely puppy yet you norty boy!! pics please
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >