Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 05:01 AM

Daily thread Wednesday 20 may 2020

Well beings as I am awake at daft o'clock, thought I would post as I am not sure when I will get back on today.
Had no call overnight so I assume that my mum is o.k. it's difficult to find out what's going on, you call and just get a little information chucked at you...I was lucky to get that as the first person I spoke to said " I don't know what are confidentiality policy is at the moment with everything that's going on" luckily the next lady was more helpful and after confirming my mums name and date of birth she gave me the information and Even put my mum on the phone, I had a quick word as I didn't want to tie the phone at the ward up and passed her to my dad where she then hung up on him!! If she wants to be angry, she needs to be angry with me..I called the ambulance on specific orders from 3 medical staff.
I hope you all have a great day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2020, 05:34 AM
Morning griff and all to follow.
So sorry only just checked in was a tad busy yesterday and seen your news griff and updated from last nights posts.

So sorry your mum is poorly it must be just awful not being able to go with her or visit her, she is in the best place now and everything crossed recovers quickly.
Mum can be as angry as she likes but unfortunately sepsis can be nasty so you did the right thing. I am sure dad is big enough to take a bit of rejection
when mum begins to feel better I am sure she will speak to him again, sounds like she has been unwell for a while and managed to hide it.

Big hugs to all.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 06:36 AM
God morning Griff, Lynn and all who follow

So sorry to hear about your mum but you did the right thing. Our neighbour had this before Christmas and the first his wife knew of how ill he was was when he collapsed on the bedroom floor and lost control of his bowel and bladder. He was in high dependency for about two weeks but made a good recovery and so will your mum. Hugs and will be thinking of you all

Lovely morning here, washing out and about to walk Teazle. Then I am planting out some more runner beans and the sprout plants.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 07:02 AM
Oh Kelly just caught up with yesterday's posting and this morning. I am so sorry to hear how ill your mum is. You have done everything you can and she is now in the best place. It's a bugger with all this virus about that it makes it impossible for you to be with her.

Good morning everyone else. I trust you are all fit and well. Have a good day, stay safe and well and your four legged friends too. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Thanks all. The cellulitis has been going on for an age....I suspect it's probably a lot of things all together that has led to it, she has been very stressed with next door and obviously with the ongoing situation she nor I sleep well.
Just have to hope that this is a wake up call to take better care of herself
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Sue at the moment

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 10:26 AM
Good Morning (just all) been to work took Gert out and been to Iceland., dropped macaroons which J (nephew adores) and his behaviour means he get agitated beyond belief id they do not have 2 pack in the freezer. This lockdown is not helping being in 24/7. But he is on 12 week lockdown and so is dad my brother in law so get what I can for my sister. This virus has her scared silly. My BIL cousin who also has Paget's disease like Stu and is 2 months older than Stu (who is 60 on Saturday) passed away Sunday with Contra virus his funeral will be no mourners. So now Di (sister) petrified.

I am relaying more blocks today.

Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Well beings as I am awake at daft o'clock, thought I would post as I am not sure when I will get back on today.
Had no call overnight so I assume that my mum is o.k. it's difficult to find out what's going on, you call and just get a little information chucked at you...I was lucky to get that as the first person I spoke to said " I don't know what are confidentiality policy is at the moment with everything that's going on" luckily the next lady was more helpful and after confirming my mums name and date of birth she gave me the information and Even put my mum on the phone, I had a quick word as I didn't want to tie the phone at the ward up and passed her to my dad where she then hung up on him!! If she wants to be angry, she needs to be angry with me..I called the ambulance on specific orders from 3 medical staff.
I hope you all have a great day.
Griff I start this post tongue in cheek LOOK FOR SOMEWHERE TO LIVE. Joke over hope all goes well for your Mom must be scary beyond belief hospital itself being frightening but at this time petrifying.

Look after yourself.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Hello all, hope you all have a good day. Stay well and safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-05-2020, 11:43 AM
'morning everyone

Kelly - Have just done a catch up on your posts, I am hoping and praying your Mum comes through this, the fact she spoke on the phone must be a relief even if she did give you a hard time. As you said it's awful that you can't go to the hospital to be with her.

It's a very nice day here again, dogs inside in front of the fan to keep cool.

Did the BT modem changeover and amazingly all went well and no problems 'tho it did take nearly five minutes to get going. I was convinced something was wrong but after the five minutes it all came good

Enjoy your day everyone - Kelly still thinking of you and Mum.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >