Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2020, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 13th May, 2020

Good morning everyone. Trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day, take care, stay safe and well and enjoy the sunshine. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2020, 07:24 AM
Morning all. Moyra have you tried looking at Homewise Ltd. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Nice to see you pop in Brenda hope you are keeping well

That was nice of Michael and Macca to send you such. lovely hamper Lynn.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, another load of bedding on the line and the last of the turf cleaned ready to go in the bin. Nothing else planned for today but looking forward to having a second walk the afternoon

Garden centres open today and I expect they will be rammed so will wait for a week or two. What I haven't got I won't miss!

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue and all to follow.

Bit windy here here but dry should get the washing dry.
Nice to see you brenda.
Enjoy your gardening Sue.
We thought the same give the mad hordes time to get the getting to a garden centre out of their system then we will pop along, it will also give us time to see if the figures start to rise again, not that they're low enough in my opinion to start opening the country up yet anyway.

The hamer was such a lovely surprise. We will have a cream tea for lunch I shall set our little table up by the patio door and pop all the bits out and send them a photo.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2020, 08:50 AM
good morning all

Yesterday Sue and I were looking at this garden wooden arch in our garden. I have already repaired it once ,but in all honesty it is going rotten. No support (that had rotted away branch wedged to the fence) , and the who thing need taking down.

There is a rose bush either side of the fretwork which limits us to pathway width. So time for a new wooden arch, didn't know there were so many shapes - width- height let alone metal or wood.

So we get onto the internet and must have looked at tons of them all not suitable for the above reason. eventually we found one and ordered it, but wider in the trellis fretwork area bit verything else fits.

So this is what we have decided on, Not exactly what we wanted but cloe enough

Also ordered some angle iron to drive into the ground as supports , and just made up some hardwood blocks for the main uprights to sit on so they rot eventually and not the arch itself.

So that is our next project,just got to wait for it to arrive now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-05-2020, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
just made up some hardwood blocks for the main uprights to sit on so they rot eventually and not the arch itself.

That's an excellant move. For those that don't know, wood posts always rot around the first few inches below ground.

Wood needs both air and moisture to rot quickly and it's that critical few inches that suffers first. Below that there is no air and above there is no water ('cos it runs down the post and the wind dries the wood)

I would like to put hardwood blocks under my gate posts but I can't 'cos they are already installed in the ground What I have done is drill a small hole just above ground level and routinely pour in some wood preserver.

On the subject of 'wood preservers' which do you prefer the solvent based types or the newer water based types

I'm not too happy with the water based products as they don't seem to penetrate the wood as well as the solvent types. But the water based ones are easier to clean up
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Moyra have you tried looking at Homewise Ltd. Have a good day everyone.

Hi Brenda, nice to see you again
Couldn't resist having a look at Homewise since I had never heard of them.

They seem to have properties everywhere, I wonder if you can have a pet (e.g. a dog) if you are in one of these places ?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2020, 08:22 PM
No brenda I haven't looked at homewise yet. Must do it tomorrow but right now its back to bed. Only got up to take some pain killers.