Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by pitboy View Post
Hi I whould like to know why are you talking to yourself
She wasn't?? Gemini was replying to a post from Gnasher.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by pitboy View Post
Hi I whould like to know why are you talking to yourself
Sorry Pit boy dont understand your comment replied to a post re Insects from Gnasher Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi I suppose it is sensible from a hygene point of view to kill flies ect,because they could spread germs,when I worked, a few from the office would buy cakes for friday,iced danish,we were eating with gusto when one of the girls sort of shouted and as she did we could see where she had just bitten was a half of an insect still wriggling,she had swallowed the other half,on investigation it turned out to be a wasp.So always worried about bakers,but they seem now to be under control,as its rare to see wasps in bakers windows now.Thank Goodness Gemini54
I don't usually like to kill things but this summer we are being driven slowly mad by flies. I know have the stick suns up, and Paul brought one if these huge blue light trap things. I admit to feel like I've scored a goal when I hear the crack and buzz of a fly being got...yes!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Sorry Pit boy dont understand your comment replied to a post re Insects from Gnasher Gemini54
Ignore him Gemini!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I don't usually like to kill things but this summer we are being driven slowly mad by flies. I know have the stick suns up, and Paul brought one if these huge blue light trap things. I admit to feel like I've scored a goal when I hear the crack and buzz of a fly being got...yes!!
OH has been ordered to get one of those for my kitchen - those sticky strips are mingeing, and they are cruel!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 12:52 PM
My aunt and uncle used to have those sticky strips - I used to go through agonies when I was a little girl and had to try hard not to look at them.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
My aunt and uncle used to have those sticky strips - I used to go through agonies when I was a little girl and had to try hard not to look at them.
It's when they buzz it gets me - I have tried snipping their heads off with scissors to put them out of their misery, but I couldn't do it!
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
It's when they buzz it gets me - I have tried snipping their heads off with scissors to put them out of their misery, but I couldn't do it!
gnasher you make me laugh! It's gross but funny.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
Hi One of my dogs used to catch flys,but unfortunately none of my other dogs,they do try but e used to catch them in one,They now sale domestic versions of those ultra violet that you see infood shops,I think they are a little kinder,.Gemini54
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
I know!! My OH says I am ridiculous to care about the suffering of a fly, but I'm sorry, I don't like being hypocritical, and if I care so much for my dogs' not suffering, but then am willing to see a fly caught on a sticky paper die a slow and lingering death, then I call that hypocracy!

Can anyone tell me how to kill a fly quickly and kindly that stuck on sticky paper - bearing in mind the sticky stuff is toxic and VERY sticky, so it is not an option to pinch the paper together to squish the fly?
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >