View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
I've heard of a few people using Tramadol as an alternative to Metacam with less side effects, may be worth looking into
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
I had a young dog who had severe arthritus, when it was bad the vet put her on metacalm but she still yelped sometimes.

I then heard about manuka honey with added bee venom. I can honestly say within 25mins of her having a bit she was a different dog.

I got it on line from a company called nectar ease. You have to get the one with "added bee venom" as that bit works as a good pain killer. But if you do order it just give them a tiny tiny bit to start as like humans some people or animals can react to been venom.

I am nothing to do with this website, but have personally seen manuka honey work wonders. If i ever suffered from arthritus i wouldn't hesitate.
I've never heard of this before, but I think it definitely sounds worth a try.
cooperk
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
My dog Zeus suffered with arthritis terribly, at one time. He was on monthly injections of cathropen, daily tablets of rimadril and glycloflex- glycloflex being a mix of herbal remedies. As a mix they seemed to work. I hope this helps. X
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2