View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm the daughter of a landlord, and he states no pets, but I know for a fact he's not really bothered and if you were to explain they don't moult and offered to get it cleaned at the end, he would be happy. I'm sure their are others like that, might be worth asking around anyway.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well renting holiday homes is expensive and would be prohibitive in the summer months, there are pet friendly rental sites but sadly all the locals one were not dog friendly just cats!
Becky

Thats ok...havent they heard of the new oodlefeline?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
I'm the daughter of a landlord, and he states no pets, but I know for a fact he's not really bothered and if you were to explain they don't moult and offered to get it cleaned at the end, he would be happy. I'm sure their are others like that, might be worth asking around anyway.
Tried it, even offering 2 months rent as a deposit, having insurance to cover damage and having the property properly cleaned on leaving doesn't sway them.
I'm certain some solution will present itself!
Becky
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 02:00 PM
You have a very positive attitude Becky and that is half the work, not sure i would be the same in your situation, i would be on panic alert by now

I am still rooting for you and praying something turns up soon!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Becky I have just found this web site that might be of some use to you.

http://www.westcountrylinks.co.uk/fo...ommodation.htm
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 02:32 PM
wow - some opinions on here...!!!

sheesh!

basically - cool it lol! god only knows how you are so calm becky,

you lot trying to put her down - ffs pack it int - like i said before you cant go round saying "what if" life would be so boring if everyone said that

how doi know im going to be able to afford my car in 6 months? how do i know im going to have a job etc?? should i stop going out, sell my car - "what if?!" nnope

very good quote i found a while ago

- dream as though you'll live forever -
- live as though you'll die tomorow -

i think its relevant
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2008, 04:56 PM
People are only asking genuine questions in an adult manner.
As Rip has stated, this site is also to edcuate people if they come across threads/posts.
Some valid points have been raised by members, they are only giving their opinion like other threads that have developed.

I have run out of idea's becky, we don't always see things in the same light, but good luck.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
You have a very positive attitude Becky and that is half the work, not sure i would be the same in your situation, i would be on panic alert by now

I am still rooting for you and praying something turns up soon!!
Thanks very much, I don't know why I'm calm either, not sure if that is a good or bad thing lol!

Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Becky I have just found this web site that might be of some use to you.

http://www.westcountrylinks.co.uk/fo...ommodation.htm
Thanks very much for the link Colin, have stuck it in my favs, nothing suitable on there at the moment but cheers.
Becky
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've not done anything wrong, my dogs have not/will not suffer, they are probably considerably better cared for than I reckon about 80% of dogs kept as pets in the UK, they have a proper diet, more than adequate exercise, proper veterinary care when needed, properly groomed on a regular basis and are with me.
Becky
I'm not going to go into replying to each individaul part of your post as you've not quoted mt post correctly, making it very difficult for me to respond appropriately.

What I will say is, I am genuinely concerned for the welfare of those puppies (not your adult dogs as I have already stated) and I do think you haven't been entirely responsible in doing what you have. By all means people have dogs in your situation, but to have so many dogs and breed is not good IMO, as I have stated previously also. Having 1 puppy in a tent would be managable, but a whole litter - that could be disastrous IMO. To say you believe I am taking the moral high ground, would surely insinuate that you've already taken the immoral low ground? I'm hoping that's not what you meant though?

I'm now aware of some facts, previously unknown to me before posting in this thread, which has only served to reinforce my concerns, so I certainly feel justified in responding in the way I have. I am however polite and adult enough to keep these concerns to myself.

It's ok that you feel I appear even less geniune than before, you're entitled to your opinion after all. That entire last paragraph was lifted from a post you made not so long ago. I just wanted to try and remind you of what you have said to others in the past and hope that you will learn from your own advice.

Originally Posted by suze View Post
wow - some opinions on here...!!!

sheesh!

basically - cool it lol! god only knows how you are so calm becky,

you lot trying to put her down - ffs pack it int - like i said before you cant go round saying "what if" life would be so boring if everyone said that

how doi know im going to be able to afford my car in 6 months? how do i know im going to have a job etc?? should i stop going out, sell my car - "what if?!" nnope

very good quote i found a while ago

- dream as though you'll live forever -
- live as though you'll die tomorow -

i think its relevant
With all due respect Suze, it is my opinion and I live in a free country which allows me to express it.

I've voiced my concerns appropriately and politely on this thread, something you have already failed to do - having posted only a handful of times and already using abbreviated swear words.

This, I believe, says more about you than me.

I'll leave it there now, I've said all I needed to say and have flagged up my concerns. I'd just like to thank all of those posters who have managed to remain polite and respectful during this thread and hope that Becky finds a solution to this predicament.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I'm now aware of some facts, previously unknown to me before posting in this thread, which has only served to reinforce my concerns, so I certainly feel justified in responding in the way I have. I am however polite and adult enough to keep these concerns to myself.
If they haven't come directly from me then they aren't facts, it's heresay. So forming an opinion based on gossip is up to you. If you want to know the truth then ask me, not listen to anyone else, there is not one person on this forum that actually knows me personally so no-one is in a position to provide you with 'facts' about me, the only one who can do that, is me.
Becky
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 >