View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2007, 09:47 PM
better not tell my mum how much you guys are paying for chips .......

she had her yorkie chipped last year and paid.....

wait for it ..........

€80 yes thats eighty euro (approx £57 stg)

this was a week after my mum had brought Lola back for her 2nd round of boosters so it didnt involve any consult other than chipping.

Its a VERY posh looking surgery they have though didnt realise to the extent we were paying for the decor!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
And what about the staffing for the database, the equipment, a building to work in etc etc etc.

Ok so you prefer tattoo`ing, [ despite the fact that they can and and often do become unreadable ], but you really need to take the `ol blinkers off about chipping, it common sense that there is a heck of a lot more to running a huge service that just the cost of the chip itself.
If one vet or whoever charges `too much`, people are free to find someone else who does it at a better price.

Not all vets do chipping at the same time as doing vaccs, and wardens who do chipping certainly don`t do it with a vet check included.

You don`t like chipping and you seem to try to find any spurious argument possible against it, but millions of other people do prefer chipping, you`ll just have to get used to it
Sorry but the database is kept by Petlog(that's why it costs £1 to register the chip on the basic register with them) not the vets & the cost to the chipper is the equipment to start up with(just the same as tattooing)& then the chips. Both the set up costs are about the same & the tattooing fees are set bythe register not by the chipper & vets can of course offset the equipment against tax so it actually costs them(& anyone else who can offset the equipement against tax)less to set up than a chipper like Bec

This is not a get at the chip, but at those who make a huge mark up on it-usually the vets
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
better not tell my mum how much you guys are paying for chips .......

she had her yorkie chipped last year and paid.....

wait for it ..........

€80 yes thats eighty euro (approx £57 stg)

this was a week after my mum had brought Lola back for her 2nd round of boosters so it didnt involve any consult other than chipping.

Its a VERY posh looking surgery they have though didnt realise to the extent we were paying for the decor!
Bl**dy H*ll I hope the chip was gold plated
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I doubt it, but suspect the vets top of the range porsche was
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2