Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Chris hope you all enjoyed your walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 02:51 PM
Answer is no Kazz. You remember our predicament and I really did not want this because of access rights but in the end we had no choice everything else to far away from family and friends and this was the best at the time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Shame because you do like the house and the area now..........
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Yes we do that's why we really hoped the access road would go ahead. We intended to stay for a couple more years and enjoy the fruits of our works after turning the house around in as much as we would of lived out the back away from the traffic noise.
Now it will be what it will be. Noisy road out the front, shared access and always having to get Dillon out of the front door onto a narrow footpath. Good job he is such a good boy.
So move on hopefully we will.

I know the paddling pool is for the baskets to drip in but has Gerty tried it out yet ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Yes three hanging baskes one Staffie
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Evening all
Moyra, sorry about the cat
Lynn...look after your own interests first
Kazz...lol bless Gerty in her paddling pool
Chris, hope you are all up to full health soon
Hi to Sue and Tumbleweed
Harvey, hopefully you will pop in later
Been made busy today doing little bits for others
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Yes three hanging baskes one Staffie

Haha, she'll be in there every time you want to soak your baskets

Moyra, well worth the £400 if everything else is OK, don't forget to ask the garage if they did all the corrosion, you don't want fork out in a years time for more corrosion work 'tho it is one of those things which sometimes pops up in another place.

Lynn, I think you'll be happier putting it on the market now. I would be wary of anything which was 'non standard' consruction, houses are still selling and there will be one just right for you if you keep looking.

Went to the river today, came across a school outing in the picnic area (about 10 kids and two teachers) on seeing the dogs one of the teachers told all the kids "Make yourselves into a tree" and they all stood there with hands in the air None of the kids touched or stroked the dogs Is this some kind of new policy to prevent parents suing the school for letting the kid touch a dog God forbid he/she might catch something

I was a tad bemused by this so I said to the teacher "Hope you don't make too good a job of being a tree or Casey might wee on you" She mumbled something I didn't really hear 'cos I was already walking away

More gardening today so once again I'm whacked off to be soon, goodnight all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2018, 08:59 PM
'evening Griff

Think Moyra could benefit from your experience of the dreaded 'corrosion' my experience is limited to an old Mini I had many years ago. In those days it was the bit running under the doors (Is it the 'sill' ) Anyway it was a known problem and mine had it bad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Harvey just read this out to Gorden ex teacher now a lecturer in teacher training He said similar to you don't make to goder tree or they might pee up you.
He is astounded mind you he is sorting out some bizzare reaction to a student putting his hand a pupils shoulder and there is all hell breaking loose.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Yeah Harvey, it's the sill. Lol minis are awesome, still make me smile now, very versatile, you can do so much with them. Corrosion is unfortunately one of those things that vehicles just suffer with as they get older, my dad's xjs has the floor out at the minute being welded due to this. I was told by one of my lecturers that the nearside suffers worse as it is by the kerb so gets splashed more...I have no idea if it's true or just another of his random ideas...like making us hold a spark plug lead whilst touching each other as he cranked the rig over so we all got zapped..he said he was making sure we never held a HT lead without rubber pliers ( never had and never would... didn't need electrocuting to highlight that).
Had a minor panic this morning, thought deags was starting with an upset tummy again, thankfully not
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >