Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-02-2013, 03:56 PM

Artificial Turf

Has anyone used any of the companies that operate nation wide?

We bought a new build house in December and are really struggling with keeping the dogs paws clean after wee's due to the large turfed garden. In previous houses we have always had gravel but the dogs don't like it so I don't want to go down that route.

We've decided on Artificial turf so that both ourselves and the dogs can enjoy summer when it comes and just leave the patio doors open.

So has anyone used any of the big companies and were they reasonable on price?

We've had two quotes of £3500 and £3900 so far but thats just a stretch to far!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2013, 04:35 PM
I haven't got it but from what I've read it's usually very successful for dogs if its laid properly. Just think - no more mowing or weeding and NO MUD!! That alone would be worth the price to me
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-02-2013, 05:43 PM
It's the mud thats driving us crazy!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2013, 07:43 PM
There are two houses that I pass on the way to my daughters. Both houses only have pocket hankerchief size front gardens. The first one looks like its a DIY job. It doesnt look as though it has been laid on any proper backing & it looks like a short pile carpet Its obviously been put down in two pieces - its got a join down the middle!! Its also full of weeds growing through it. It looks a right mess
The other one a couple of doors up looks much better. Its been done properly. Both are so small though you could cut them on your hands & knees with scissors