register for free

Dog News

Dog owners are warned of risks from disease-carrying ticks

Disease-ridden ticks are on the rise in Britain after the adoption of more relaxed European pet travel regulations and warmer winters, a leading parasite expert has warned.
The multiplying and varied tick population is presenting a greater threat to British dogs and their owners.
More here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ing-ticks.html

Your comments and views:
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-05-2015, 11:24 PM
sounds familiar.

O yaa. Same thing happened here with humans and animals and plants. Still happening. Yes, perhaps it is time to implement strict and stringent travel regulations and occupancy/residency regulations.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2015, 07:40 AM
If that is the case so what is the best thing to use to get rid of them if they attatch themselves to the dog. Especially Border Collies who have problems to some spot ons.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 04:58 AM
Met a man the other week who thought there were two kinds of tick, the tiny ones and the fat ones...Thought everyone knew they swelled up for three days as they ingest blood then fall off to live on it.. I have given up here in deep rural Ireland trying to keep up with the ticks on my long haired cats. the damage if any is done as soon as they bite. Cannot use eg spot on as my two groom each other all the time.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top