register for free

Dog News

Animal ban for woman who caused 'unnecessary suffering'

A woman found with two dead dogs and a severely emaciated cat at her Cwmbran home has been banned from keeping animals for four years.

Carolyn Mary Pritchard, 53, was brought before magistrates following a visit by RSPCA officials.

She pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to three animals and was ordered by Newport magistrates to pay Ł500 in court costs.

Pritchard was also disqualified from keeping animals until December 2018.

RSPCA Inspector Nicola Johnson said a Staffordshire bull terrier and a border collie cross were found badly decomposed at the house, and a black-and-white cat was dangerously underweight.
It is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. The cat was the thinnest cat I have ever seen alive - she survived against all the odds.

The two dogs were found decomposing on the floor. It was horrible and should never have happened.

I've been to seen the cat in her new home and she is a completely different cat and loving life.

- Inspector Nicola Johnson, RSPCA
Article and photographs here...

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2014-1...ary-suffering/

Why are people like this not banned from keeping animals for life?

Your comments and views:
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Ditto Malka
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2014, 09:35 AM
It seems as if she starved them all to death. It doesn't get a ton worse than that. I suppose you have to burn the animals every day with hot pokers to get a lifetime ban.

And look at her mega dirty kitchen with stuff all over the stove where nobody can even prepare anything. Also seems she was living with the decomposing dogs. Seems like another mental case. Totally unfit to own any pets. Ugh!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top