Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:37 PM

Puppy ill after jabs

Took baby Rio for her puppy jab yesterday and she's been quite poorly. She had the jab in the morning and by evening had the runs, which carried on today. She was pooing mucus today and spotting blood as well as vomiting (she wouldn't eat today and even started vomiting water). Had to take her back to the vet and she had antibiotic jab, anti inflammatory jab and a course of oral antibiotics.

Of course the vet said it's nothing to do with the vaccine

Needless to say I'm not happy. She's perking up now and I've made her some chicken broth for later if she wants it. I was really in two minds whether to do the jabs at all, but decided to do puppy jabs then not re vaccinate. I don't know whether I did right at all
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd keep a close eye on her, Felix reacted like this to his puppy vacs and it went on for just over a week. The biggest mistake was giving him his first year booster as he had a huge allergic reaction to it and still has scars from it! Give her a gentle hug from me x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
I'd keep a close eye on her, Felix reacted like this to his puppy vacs and it went on for just over a week. The biggest mistake was giving him his first year booster as he had a huge allergic reaction to it and still has scars from it! Give her a gentle hug from me x
Not sure if I even want her to have second jab now. She defo will NOT be having any boosters.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Poor Rio - we're sending loads of hugs to the poorly puppy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
One of mine had a bad reaction her boosters, she started vomiting within minutes of me leaving the vets, I phoned them and took her straight back, after checking her gums and eyes to make sure they were still pink. They checked her over and said to me some did react to the booster. This year I sat in the vets with them for half an hour to make sure all was OK before going home. However she had very mucusy poos for a few days after that. Unfortunately my 2 go in kennels fairly frequently so they have to have their injections, my kennels would accept titre testing but my vets won't do it and I can't find a local one who will.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I know its not the same, but my oldest cat Xena had the same thing happen to her after her first jab, I felt awful, I thought I'd killed her, she didn't sleep in my bedroom then, its a free for all now, anyone can, {dogs or cats, I should say!] she was so poorly after her jab i brought her into my bedroom so I could look after her, she never had a reaction like that with any other jabs though, I'm glad to say.I guess they have to have these jabs, but maybe the vets should warn people there could be a bad reaction.Our vet at the time said he didn't think it could be the jab........... I know it was.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Ragdoll Cats can have a bad reaction to 'live' vaccines. This may happen in some dogs too. 'Killed' Vaccines are recommended for Ragdolls and maybe this type of Vaccine would be better for your pup in the future.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Ragdoll Cats can have a bad reaction to 'live' vaccines. This may happen in some dogs too. 'Killed' Vaccines are recommended for Ragdolls and maybe this type of Vaccine would be better for your pup in the future.
Thats so true. Hope Rio is feeling better bigs ((((hugs)))) from the gruesome threesome
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, get well hugs from me too xxxxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Ah poor baby. big hugs from us to. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >