Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wsmith4
New Member!
Male 

12-08-2007, 10:20 PM

Sore Feet

We just picked up our dog (Black Lab) from the kennel. He has never been kenneled before. He was there for 2 days. When we picked him up, we noticed he was not walking correctly, later after sleelping acouple of hrs, he can barley walk, it appears that the pads on his feet are now soft for some reason.....

Any Ideas.......
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 01:57 PM
It could be he is more sensitive to the kennel cleaner than most dogs. I had one who reacted badly to the kitchen floor cleaner though none of the others did. If it continues I'd get him checked by the vet as it sounds as though he needs something to counteract the problem.
Of course it may just be that he is a pacer when kenneled & has made them sore in this way. Either way a quick check at the vets would be a good idea I think.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Dice is allergic to some of the floor cleaner we used and he got red sore pads which he used to bite. As a short term solution I used foot wax (from PAH) just seemed to ease it a bit.