Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 08:50 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 26th January, 2021

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 09:19 AM
Good morning. Moyra and all who follow

Another frosty start but rain is forecast for later. Ben had bad news over the weekend his buyer had pulled out but luckily yesterday the agent found another who is apparently ready to go with everything in place. Fingers crossed for this time. He is still awaiting the result of a mortgage application so he can go ahead with his purchase. Why do these people take so long to give you an answer

Hope all are well stay safe
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Re house selling/buying, why are there so many people think they can afford a property when clearly they don't have the means? We have even got to the contact exchange signing stage when the buyer backed out. This cost us in legal fees we can't claim of the buyer.

There is surely a strong case that should be made legal that once agreeing to buy (in writing) and they back out they should incur a penality of a percentage of that property. This I am sure would stop a lot of time wasters .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 12:14 PM
My friends have just sold their house, buyers stated cash buyers, wanted to move quickly, my friends found and bought a new build property. About 2 weeks before contract exchange, they admitted they weren't cash buyers, needed a part mortgage and they couldn't get a mortgage in time, they pulled out and my friends had already paid for carpet to be fitted in the new property... basically, they were £8,000 out of pocket but luckily one of the previous offers was Available and although they reduced the offer, my friends managed to move on time as well
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 12:37 PM
Good afternoon all.

Frosty and cold this morning and overcast too.

Don't get me started on buyers backing out

Dave getting ready to go for his blood test in town, then we just wait for the results which I am confident will be good.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Fingers crossed for Dave and a sale soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Afternoon everyone.

We had this back in the 90's offer made, then when nothing started moving estate agent looked into it further and pressured the so called buyers and they hadn't even a mortgage in place.

When I sold mums house in 2011/12 the estate agent wanted paperwork as soon as offer was made of mortgage application (approved) and the bank details stating the cash for deposit was ready and waiting, from the buyer this is now something all estate agents should be doing before getting to the signing of contracts. Our buyer for our house in Harlow had to prove all this to our estate agent and solicitor and when we sold the house in Upwell.
Holly and Dale spent a Saturday travelling from Enfield to Norfolk to prove they had the mortgage agreed and the funds for the deposit. Any good estate agent and solicitor should be doing this now . It is mandatory.

I hope you sons new buyer is above board Sue.

Raining here after another frosty start. think we have a few days of mild weather then it's meant to get cold again.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Our estate agent does all that Lynn, but there's still nothing to stop the buyer changing their mind and pulling out (as happened with our flat).

I think at the moment things are very precarious for a lot of people and they don't think about the commitment until they've got quite a way down the road
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2021, 02:49 PM
We should move to the house buying system the Sottish have.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Until you exchange contracts you can still pull out unfortunately without being sued.

I think you're right Chris a lot of people don't think about it till the last minute the responsibility they are signing up for.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >