register for free

Dog News

Trainee Solicitor gets only 18 weeks for killing a dog

I am shocked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26957478

So unnecessary, the original horrific photo & report was bad enough, but at least with all of the people signing the petition, I thought poor dog would get justice, this is not justice it is a very sick joke.

At least she is banned from keeping an animal again, should also be banned from becoming a solicitor due to this poor judgement.

What can we do to make sure this sort of thing stops happening?

This is just so upsetting - because it was unnecesary neglect and cruelty. There is no excuse whatsoever.

Your comments and views:
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I really REALLY wish I hadn't read this story now. To say it upset me would be a gross understatement. It has reduced me to tears reading the detail.

She didn't just neglect this dog. She made sure it could not get out or get access to food - she tied the door to the room shut.

Of course the sentence will depend to some extent on what the maximum sentencing guidelines in existence are for the 'crime'.

And I doubt that the one that would (to my mind) fit the crime would be allowed (which would be to lock that evil fat cow in a room - take away her crutches and tie the door shut).

How any decent respectable person who knows her at all could even BEAR to look at or speak to her again I dont' know.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Exactly what Tang has said up there for me too What an evil, evil bitch Absolutely despicable crime on a poor defenceless animal, I hope the other prisoners serve justice for that poor wretched animal, on her when she's banged up for 18 weeks

What kind of people are we breeding in this day and age more like

Trainee solicitor my a*se, she's just picked out any old college course to claim her benefit money more like I sometimes wish I was born 50 years earlier than I was, cos I really don't like living in this particular era when we're breeding scum like HER that walk amongst us normal people!

I can't tell you what I'd like to do to that woman, but I sure would like to get the opportunity, and I hope some of the more extreme animal welfare groups get to know her address
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 03:21 PM
So do I Helena. There is an ongoing bookface campaign against her.

She REFUSED offers to take the dog in. She LIED about going back to feed it.

All I can think to do is keep looking at lovely pics of dogs whose owners love them, care for them, take them out and have fun with them. I gotta get the image of that dog half eaten away on that kitchen floor out of my brain.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 03:29 PM
You can still sign the petition. I don't think it will hurt to keep adding siggies to it.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/170/5...- katy-gammon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Signed, what Pat and Helena have already said. Evil evil hope she gets the sort of treatment she deserves in prison, not a long enough sentence in my opinion. She should be MADE to work with cruelty cases like she has perpetrated until maybe some light enters that twisted mind of hers
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
They need another 1,000 signatures to get up to 101,000, let's hope more people sign their petition. I just have!

May she rot in hell forever, which I'm sure she will, as there is no justice in this world, there must be justice on the other side, real justice, not this mamby pamby society we live in, she needs to suffer like she made that poor creature suffer Oh I'm so, so angry, I could spit in her face, and stamp on her, and yet I'm not like that

Good will always win over evil, just gotta wait for that karma that's heading her way. As for the poor dog, at least he's happy now away from her but this will haunt me for a very long time now
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Apparently from what I read (and oh gawd I must STOP dwelling on this) she got HALF the sentence because it was the FIRST TIME she had purposely starved a dog to a painful and lingering death?

By that reckoning you could do it TWICE and only get twice that time in jail?

The only very tiny small crumb of comfort was reading that she was BANNED FOR LIFE from keeping a dog. More of the barstewards should be. A 5yr or 10yr ban when they are guilty of CRUELTY is a joke.

Plus someone capable of such wicked actions probably IGNORES the ban anyway. Because they are devoid of any sense of decency or of what's right and wrong.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Should have been given 18 years! I couldn't read the article at all. Bad bstd that she is. Hope she comes to a sticky end.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I cannot add anything to what has already been said. When she pleaded guilty in March I thought she would get far more than just a few weeks, and am utterly shocked at such a light sentence.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top