Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 08:35 AM

As if he'd dare ;)

My OH last night threatened to ban me off here

Evidently he's loosing the will to live, with all the cute puppies who are in need of forever homes as I think we could have them all

Everytime I show him a picture of a dog he grits his teeth and tenses up until I say ' Oh no, this one has a home, it's just someone putting pictures up' he them relaxes

Maybe I should stop texting him things like 'Baby, can we have a ????? puppy ? It's all on it's lonesome and needs someone to love it' Even his daughter went all 'daddy I love you' over the little GSD puppy the other day

Bless him, he's never owned a dog, then he meets me and he has 3 to contend with He's brilliant with them but he's just not good at multi-tasking and 3 dogs out walkies just flummoxes him, I've whistle trained them for recall so he can recall them back all at once as he gets their names muddled up when he has to shout them. The thought of a 4th just tips him over the edge.

Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Sounds like our house

We know their weak spots, don't we?
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Send him up to spend the day with mine, having to remember 4 names will be a doddle after trying to remember 14 names!!! Hehe! :d
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Ahhh the OH & me had this 'conversation' last night. There was a film starting on TV, I said ooh this looks good, he said yes it is a good film, we watched it on dvd last week

I looked puzzled & told him we hadn't....Apparantly because I always have my head stuck in a webpage or website looking for lost dogs or commenting on doggy posts or playing with my own dogs. I never pay any attention

I've also been told on several thousand occassions that I am not allowed to have any more dogs, 3 is more than enough according to him
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2012, 09:59 AM
LOL. My husband never had dogs before he met me. In that time he has had to put up with a Great Dane with SA that broke through 2 sets of mahoghany and glass french doors (that he made himself - carpenter/builder)! 2 more GD's that took over the bed! Various other rescues/fosters and now 2 labs and 3 cockers. We are still together but he does work away from home and back every 6-8weeks. He does his thing, I do mine but support each other but he always tells people that he never knows what he may come home to! Bless him
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Perhaps if you showed him pics of lovely men he`d be a bit happier seeing you occupied with more dogs instead