Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:44 PM

Stopped by police walking my Stafford

I was stopped by the police while walking Sal today........why simply because we were causing a ...traffic jam on the pavement....

ie Sal (dog) and I were surrounded by a school walking bus.....(you know where the children walk to school etc)...these were 3 classes of eldest infants walking to the local swimming baths....and as my youngest but one niece Molly was amongst them and lots of the children know Sal from the estate and my meeting my nieces/nephew from primary school...we were a bit "like custers last stand"
Sal, and I in the centre Sal was in her oiltot petted and stroked within an inch of her life..........the local poilce were passing in a car and stopped I imagine because you don't often see ....40 odd school children etc and a dog in the street without some form of a problem......and what happened, really spooky the police man recognised us (me and the dog) apparently his Mom is in the hospice we visit in our pat dog duties... did not recognise him..with his clothes on so to speak....and do you know what I never thought to take a picture...40 odd primary children, 6 teacher/helpers, two policemen. one chubby woman "me" and one well stroked totaly blissful Stafford in the middle.

Good breed publicity on the hoof so to speak as the policeman said.

Karen
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:45 PM
that sounds like a good walk
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Awww what a lovely story and you're right...would have been a fab picture.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:47 PM
lol i can just see ,sal in the middle of all that .im sure she lapped it up ,bless .
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Pity the local paper wasn't there, still hopefully enough people passing would have had an opportunity to see.
Becky
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Fantastic It is great that people are really positive about your Staff I love them personally but there is so much bad press towards them. If only the press would report things like this...
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Fabulous!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Brilliant story, I just love the picture it conjours up, wish there was a real one And as for Sal, well she's a star
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Pity the local paper wasn't there, still hopefully enough people passing would have had an opportunity to see.
Becky
I was just going to post that it was a pity you didn't have your camera and then you could have sent the picture to the local paper.
It would have been perfect publicity
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks you hear so much bad/horrible...stories of people dumping dogs, rehoming stories, ill treatment stories etc etc thought a nice "upbeat would be in order" very proud of my niece too as I swear she never listens...but she was telling the teacher how to be confident holding the lead and speak calmly and confidenty to Sal, but hearing her speak my words, spoken verbatum to the teacher was spooky "keep you wits about you when holding the lead you need to engage your brain & eyes" is what I say when they join me on a walk....she also told the teacher/policeman "Sal won't cross a road unless you look both ways first." Handy green cross code trainer dogs I think

I had my camera too no idea why a picture did not occur to me I think to busy keeping order....lots of small hands....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >