View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 05:52 PM

Covid Jabs, pziser or Oxford and how did it affect you?

I haven't had my jab yet and am 76 years old but I would like to know how your jab has affected you and which jab was it?

Hopefully this will reassure me enough to go for mine.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 05:56 PM
Moyra I had the Pfizer vaccine and apart from a sore arm for a couple of days was fine. Obviously not everyone has the same affects but after talking to lots of people I said yes. I was always against the flu vaccine but I think this one is really important. Don't be put off but your son.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 06:20 PM
All had the Pfizer vaccine.

My brother in-law is also allergic to penicillin and also has ongoing chemo and immune support for his pargets etc he had his jab apparently this is not gospel but if you use an epi pen that's the guiding factor for having Oxford or alternative he has it no issue my Aunt 103 or is it 104 now and two aunts 98 and 96 have had it also no effects bar one said she had a tired arm but she is 5ft nothing and weighs about as much as a bag of sugar.

No issues for anyone tired arm and headache for Aunt.

Five of my cousins have now had it and no issues,.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Doesn't matter what you have..get it done
To allow your son to make the decision for you is nothing short of domestic abuse...you don't have Dementia or Alzheimer's as far as I know so should be able to make your own decisions
I had Pfizer... ongoing chemo...Harvey had Oxford I believe.... ongoing chemo...guess what, we are both still here!!! Harvey I believe felt tired, I did suffer bad headaches but that could be my condition, personally I will take anything offered as my second jab to protect others and the ones I love....herd immunity
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Doesn't matter what you have..get it done
To allow your son to make the decision for you is nothing short of domestic abuse...you don't have Dementia or Alzheimer's as far as I know so should be able to make your own decisions
I had Pfizer... ongoing chemo...Harvey had Oxford I believe.... ongoing chemo...guess what, we are both still here!!! Harvey I believe felt tired, I did suffer bad headaches but that could be my condition, personally I will take anything offered as my second jab to protect others and the ones I love....herd immunity
Ditto.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Cannot comment on either personally but do know people locally who we meet on the park both had theirs cannot say which as I do not know but both fine, Neighbours Stuart and his daughter who is volunteering at the clinic had it again not sure which Krisha fine, Stuart had a bad day but took some paracetamol had an early night and was fine the next day.
Brother and SIL had theirs again not sure which one both had a sore arm and that was it.

We are not due ours yet we do not do the flu vaccine as we rarely get flu and if we do fight it off reasonably well. We will be having the Covid vaccine when its our turn for so many reasons.
Mainly to keep others and ourselves well, helping to eradicate the virus or keep it under control and being able to get back to normal.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Snap Lynn on all counts.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 11:08 PM
Both hubby and I had the Oxford jab this afternoon. I had an hour of achy arm but that is gone now. Hubby has had no side effects at all

Dave is 70 in June and has diabetes and COPD and I am 67 with COPD.

Get it done, Moyra. The only medical questions they ask is if you have any allergies, have you had another injection within the last month and are you on blood thinners?

If you drive to the appointment you have to wait 15 minutes after the jab. If not you are free to leave straight away. That is a precaution in case you feel a little dizzy, but no one did while we were there and it was all very safe. Sanitizer, social distancing etc
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2021, 08:24 AM
Both Barry and I had the Pfizer vaccine and only had a sore/painful arm for a bit but Ben had the Oxford one and within 9 hours was feeling unwell to end up feeling dizzy, fluish(?) and the following morning as though he had been thumped in the chest. After painkillers and a good sleep for a couple of nights he was virtually back to normal except for feeling tired by the evening but even this passed within a couple of days.

Moyra do get it done I know of someone who has multiple health problems and he is being vaccinated today and can't wait for it to be done.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2021, 10:20 AM
Moyra its your choice but can I ask what's putting you off having the jab exactly? I know a couple of people who are not going to have it but have decided that and not wavering.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >