Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 11th May.

Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Hope Casey's blood test went ok yesterday, look forward to hearing it is ok.

Kyto, Dillon, and Deag hope you are all ok, take care you lovely lot.

Chris and Kazz, hope your family's are well.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Nice bright sunny day today early walk for us and glad we did really warmed up by our usual walk time.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Morning all
Sunshine here...so are the builders!!!
Good news, both dogs have been clean overnight and just been to the toilet...all good, hope that's the end of it now!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Phew the dogs griff not so good the builders. I will have that disruption to look forward to if plans get passed.

Did I update you re: the planing problems ? Rang the agent yesterday and had an email form the case officer today it's Norfolk county council highways causing the holdup something to do with needing legal documentation form Elgoods brewery, which is being disputed by county council the ganets for elgoods and saying that will not be sorted till planning consent confirmed.
I pointed out it's a bit rich seeingas as al the building that is being allowed in the village at the moment and not all of it complimentary that causing extra traffic on our already deteriorating roadways.
So I am hoping it will be resolved soon and in favour.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 11:35 AM
So if access if given does that mean you will be staying..............................at least for the forseeable future; you seem more settled here now......reading your posts.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 11:38 AM
All good here, weather back to cooler which Gert loves. washing on line shopping done......all good.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 11:41 AM
It's a possibility Kazz. Live with it for a while see if we want to put some more money into the house and tweak some things. New conservatory on the back done properly this time so we could use that as out lounge and make the front room with the big fireplace a sitting cum dining room.
Maybe the jetty and a boat.
With the access road in the house would be worth more so then we decide do we get a bungalow not long after road is in or wait do some more and put even more value on the house and move in maybe two-3 years time ? Have to wait now. Like we have for the last 4 years.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Do hope they pull their finger out and get everything sorted soon as Lynn.

Pleased all is good with the dogs Griff.

Hi Kazz hope mum is feeling better today.

Hope you and Amber are good Moyra.

Hope blood results come back ok Harvey.

Lovely day here put two loads of washing out and then we went out to Dungeness for Barry to play with his camera and photograph the trains whilst Teazle and I mooched about. We then had lunch at the pub there which was gorgeous and the portions were quite large and dogs allowed as well so even better.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a nice lunch Sue.
Gorden picked me up around 2 on his way back from Birmingham and we went into March and tried the Yates's hippodrome very nice it was to it use to be an old cinema and theatre.

I could smell a funny smell today in the kitchen so cleaned the drain in the sink lots of hot water white vinegar and bleach which helped but it seemed to be coming from the cupboard.
So while out we got washing machine and dishwasher cleaner thinking pipes.
Decided when we got back to clean out the cupboard and I hadn't known better that Gorden had cemented any holes into the house and under the sink I would of sworn a mouse or rat had died in there.
Cleaning it out and I had stored some recent bags from Tesco from the other nights delivery and I felt the bag and could feel something dropped it and a sprat one of many I had ordered for Dillon that evening must of got left behind. Well that solved that conundrum thankfully.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Good evening all.

Lynn, we once had the same problem. We were on the verge of literally ripping out one of the base units. Emptied said cupboard and found it was a tin of dog food where the top (ring pull type) was leaking. I've never smelled anything so bad in my life.

We've got a bit of a tricky situation come up. Went to our regular cafe this morning and one of the staff seems to have taken a serious dislike to my son. It started with him moving the table. They have the tables set sort of diagonally and he squared it up. Many do it as it puts the back of the table in the shade. She had a go at my son, then pulled my hubby about it (he was in the queue). Didn't think too much about it, but then she came out as we were eating and told my son to move his chair in as he was blocking the aisle. Not only was there plenty of room, but the table next to ours had prams blocking the aisle and the chairs pulled out further than our sons.

Hubby almost lost it. Told her that he was about to lose his temper so could she please p*** off.

We've used this cafe every morning for the last 7 years. We know this particular girl has a downer on my son. No reason for it. Of course, it upset my lad so the rest of our walk was taken up by calming him down. Fortunately, he didn't fit. We were worried he would as he was very upset.

We will have a word with one of the other staff tomorrow, but if it happens again, we will have to look for another cafe as it was totally unacceptable. I hate to play the discrimination card, but that is what it was. There is no other explanation for it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >