Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 06:49 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 5th october

Good morning all, I put two night storage heaters on last night glad I did, nice and warm here now. Steve is slowly getting better. He actually gave his fish some attention yesterday, first time for nearly a week. It's cold out there but not unpleasant so must get Amber out for her walk. I wish this cold would dry up must use some more Sinex nose spray it does help.

June when that lady with Bernese sees nobody else in the group are using sticks, maybe she will learn that way and give up on it. Glad to hear the girls are behaving themselves.

LG well done on logging without injuring yourself further. The dogs probably thought you working so hard made them want to rest!

Lynn, lovely pics of Dillon and the Abbey etc.

Harvey, glad you are well at the moment, keep it up.

Sue, Barry, Mandy, Norma , Brenda and Jenny and Brian,
Hope you are all keeping well......and little Eileen and the babes too.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Lovely bright day here again today.
Hope the cold clears up soon Moyra.

Off to get my hair done later not been since June when all the car trouble first started with the Mazda, then all the family stuff things settling a bit and very helpful now Mark can get himself about. Then some shopping.
First though walking Dillon.

The more I think about the woman and the stick the more angry I get nit good on any breed but really not good on Bernese. It will shut down completely if she isn't careful. She needs some clicker training and positive reward.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2016, 08:08 AM

Good morning all. Today is last day of one of the eyedrops Yippee. Might go out for a fish and chip meals midday as I have not had one for ages
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Yes Moyra it is a bit chilly out there but I am not putting the heating on until I am really cold

Hope your appointment at the hairdresser goes well Lynn. Mind you if I had left mine since June I would look like a yeti

Pleased to see you are still on one piece after your logging day yesterday Gordon and the poor dingoes were so tired watching you do all that work of course they had to laze snoozing in the sun

Sunny but very windy here. One lot of washing on the line and the bedding in the wash now. Teazle walked and now having a coffee before going a doing a bit more gardening. Sorting out one flower bed and moving some of the plants so not too hard.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Morning all.

Glad everyone is well, strange about the stick/cane but I vaguely recall a dog trainer (no idea who on tv though) saying a stick was an exstension of yourself like you armaybe thats it Why not ask why the stick? you never know maybe she has always used it.

I am off to the hairdressers today

Lovely day here got 2nd load in the machine first load blowing lovely. Had a good day in the garden yesterday. Set for winter now, just a few more daffs to plant in pots.

I have physio at 4pm for my back which is feeling a lot better still catches me though like warning shots "you are doing to much"

That is a lovely picture I adore boats
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Morning all
Sorry i am being very slack and just popping in and out, hope you are all well though?
Now the stick thing....hmmmm i would have sai something but as you say she needs to learn the right way of doing things, the only stick we use is a target stick and it isn't a stick stick...it's a metal telescopic pole thing with a ball on the end which we stuff treats into to encourage the dog to want to go where the ball is. i think i mentioned a coupe of years back about a woman who had a collie at our training class and the way she treated him was appalling, i had a word with the assistant in the class who did have a word with the trainer about it and the woman didn't come back but my friends son actually said "that poor dog is abused" now for an 11 year old boy to look at the situation and see that speaks volumes to me...was awful, the dog used to pee itself and everything, i had asked had the lady got mental issues because of the way she treated the animal, he couldn't move, wasn't allowed to lift his head etc...i was taken to one side and told she was a very intelligent woman with a very good job....so what, as i am not a uni graduate and on the sick i am a crap owner...righty ho then Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Morning no you are not griff. Now then how long do you lovely peeps keep emails for? I have just got rid of loads from various folders but now wonder if I should have kept them. Too late now but they were years old. Amazing what one finds to do when one is bored out of her brain and noisey to boot. Have a good day all. Enjoy your fish and chips Barry. My parents owned a fish and chip shop years ago so I am a connoisseur of the chip. Love Huss and chips. Yum.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Lovely morning, everyone out for a walk and back again. Hardly anyone about, which is great as far as I am concerned. Saw a couple of cyclists, nice people who didn't tear past me like it was a race and glare at me. Swans out on the canal basin, blue sky, bit of a cold wind, had a coat on over my t shirt and that was enough, was really warm by the time we got back. Sat with a butty and brew in front of the telly for a couple of hours now, washer's on,girls settled with bones,and will resume my jobs later on in the afternoon, probably after Doctors actually
As per the stick...she was sort of patting it on the poor dogs bottom to get it to go in and out of the gateway, because it didn't want to go.Personally I've never had that problem so I don't know, except maybe when first taking a puppy on its first walk away from the garden, in which case its pieces of chicken dropped in front then dangled just out of reach until first steps are taken away from the safety of the known.
Griff, that is appalling about that woman and the poor abused dog. I have complained myself about the treatment being dished out to a dog, and I was told not to stand near it if I had a problem with it!!!! Shouting in a dogs face is not the way forward in my humble opinion.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Afternoon everyone very windy here now.

You will not believe this car drove off the drive fine, stopped at post office to get some cash for hair cut went to start car it started, but warning triangle and exclamation mark and other computer saying engine fault needs repair.
It wouldn't go anywhere couldn't even drive it home.
Walked home and Mark lent me his car so I could get my hair cut. Came home rung Austen who will be coming over to collect it, with the small car as Mondeo is out to someone else while their car is being serviced.
He will be chewing Peugeot's ear off. He says let's see if it is a wire or connector if not we are going to see about a refund on the car.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Lynn.....Nooooooooooooooooooooo:0 10:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >