Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 07:26 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 1st August, 2019

Good morning all, I trust you and yours are all well. Take care have a good day, keep well and have a good day. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
1st August already where has the year gone so far.

Funny weather here sunny then cloudy and warming up.
Busy day today getting ready to go off on our holibobs tomorrow to Leek in Staffordshire for 7 nights.

Hope you are not feeling to wiped out today Harvey.
Hope all is ok griff.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope things improve for you Griff

Have a lovely holiday Lynn if I miss you tomorrow

Sunny and very warm here. Have dead headed the budlia and picked and frozen some runner beans and peas and have just cooked some beetroot.

Hope you are feeling ok Harvey

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Another hot day today, ideal weather to be outside and counting your toes.

I am waiting now to see an item I am selling on ebay will fetch, auction ends this afternoon. Also buying an item from China. What i don't understand is it can be tracked in China, soon a it is in the UK nothing. What is wrong with our postal system? it wants severely overhauling I think
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Morning all
Thanks, I am o.k sort off lol. Steve is struggling quite badly with depression at the minute so things got quite fraught here, so very hard watching him and I can only hope he will get some proper help as I don't know what to do
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Steve is suffering griff and that makes you suffer.
Having dealt with depression myself and living with Michael who also suffered/s very rare now all I can say is there is nothing you can do except be there if needed.
The getting help can only come from the person suffering I know myself the more Gorden pestered for me to get help the harder I dug my heels in.

Michael found some counselling helped and exercise. He still exercises goes to the gym runs, boxes does jujitsu not the normal the Brazilian jujitsu harder and more aggressive and works off his frustration and depression that way.
I think that's why he suffers so little now due to the fact he has a strict exercise regime.

Hoping he sorts some help soon for his sake and yours.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Thanks Lynn, I have been dealing with the same stuff for 3 years now...it gets hard because I have never suffered so don't get why he won't get help, it's just the treating me badly that's not fair as I don't deserve it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Good afternoon all.

As you say, Lynn, very strange weather. Started off cool and overcast. One very heavy shower (which we got caught in) and then very, very hot following it with bright sunshine.

Asking for help with anything is the hardest part of any illness and Lynn is right, the more you pester, the more he'll resist. I hope he manages to sort out his feelings enough to want to seek help himself Kelly because watching those we care for suffer is often as hard as having an illness ourselves and with your own problems, you really don't need the extra stress.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Afternoon Chris still weird weather did get the washing dry though. Just the sheets last minute in the tumble dryer. Looks like it could rain now and mean it.

griff I was awful to live with not sure how Gorden managed it at one point he nearly didn't. What with being in my change mum at her most challenging and suffering with depression I was not an easy person to live with. I see that now then I couldn't Gorden could suggest doing things at the weekend and I wanted to but for some reason argued at every point and couldn't make a decision so he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.
All I can say on my part is I look back now and wonder how he did it and for me I was in the big black hole that I couldn't clamber out of.
The prozac helped no end but at times I would refuse to get more even though I needed them, then one day I would realise I was not coping and making people's lives a misery I think I hid it well from the boys though.
This little glimmer and I mean little glimmer would shine through and make me see how awful I was being and I needed to seize that and sort it.
Sometimes I did other times I didn't.

It is very hard for people who have never suffered depression to understand it those of us with it or who have suffered cannot understand it either.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks both, I went from wanting to kill him to loving him even more...I just wish I could have got hold of his mother and stepfather! The abuse that put that boy through, it makes my blood boil
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >